Author Topic: Addon Manager not working  (Read 7374 times)

gerald

Addon Manager not working
« on: October 21, 2009, 04:49:21 pm »
Dear Sirs,
even my three FSDreamteam sceneries are very nice, I want to mention that I am a little bit annoyed about FSDreamteam's installation procedures, because I have – respectively had - about 7 times the same problem as described from other people here in this forum, that the buildings of all my 3 FSDreamteam airports KORD, KJFK and LSZH were missing after installing other (different to FSDreamteam) sceneries. In the past I deleted “bglmanx.dll” and reinstalled e.g. Zurich (from the setup.exe) and the buildings were shown again. But this time - after installing “Ultimate Terrain USA” and carrying out a new organisation of my scenery library (airports sorted country-wise) - I have another or additional problem: About 1 minute after starting FSX an error appears (message box) that the FSX has dedected a problem with a third-party software:
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library,
Version: 2, 7, 0, 6
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.
File: bglmanx.dll
It is not recommended to run this software! So it is not possible to install the Addon-Manager and of course also not all my FSDreamteam-airports!
I deleted bglmanx.dll again, downloaded and installed the newest addon-manager from Vituali-Website, also I installed my FSDreamteam sceneries again, but nothing helps!
What can I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not working
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 06:23:48 pm »
This has been explained many times already: you can safely ignore that warning: it's an FSX bug that happens sometime when the modules config changes and newly trusted modules are added.

It's not relevant to bglmanx.dll specifically: I get this error randomly for each and every FSX 3rd party module, sometimes it's lvld.dll, sometimes it's wilco.dll, but there's no pattern: the only pattern is that it sometimes happens after a new module is installed, or after an previsously installed module has been removed.

This can be usually fixed as follows:

- Edit your %APPDATA%\microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG with a text editor. Find ALL the occurences of the bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe files in the [Trusted] section, and remove the whole line that contains either reference to those files. This will reset the trusting question.

- Reboot Windows (IMPORTANT). Don't launch FSX yet.

- Uninstall ANY scenery (or the stand-alone Addon Manager), and (IMPORTANT) reply YES to BOTH questions about removing the Addon Manager AND the Couatl engine. Reply YES to BOTH question. This is important, and it will remove all files.

- To be sure, check you don't have any bglmanx* (.dll and .dat files) in your FSX root, and you don't have the fsdreamteam\Couatl.exe. If you still have them, remove them manually.

- Reinstall the scenery you just uninstalled (or the stand-alone Addon Manager, if this is what you uninstalled in the previous step)

- Launch FSX, and note it should ask you permission to run BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl Scripting Engine. Reply YES to both, and reply YES to both the question made by Windows (yellow Shield) AND the question made by FSX. If you are not getting both questions, it means you haven't properly cleared the [Trusted] section in the FSX.CFG as above.

- If you get any error, disregard the fact that is suggesting not to run the module, and ALLOW the module to run. It doens't matter if the FSX crashes now.

- Try again to launch FSX, and see if it works. If still crashes, reboot Window AGAIN (IMPORTANT), and try again.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:02:25 am by virtuali »

gerald

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:24:59 pm »
Thank you for your quick answer. It seems to be a little bit difficult to solve this problem, but I will try to work as described as soon as possible.

gerald

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:13:40 am »
Dear Sirs from Virtuali,
as a patient customer I carried out your procedure as described (it was not so difficult, nevertheless it costs me a lot of time!) and after a second trial the Addon-Manager is working now ... but on all my three sceneries the buildings are missing. I tried some other procedures (deleting and reinstalling all sceneries, as well the "coatl.exe"), but nothing helps - I do not see the buildings. So I decided to cancle my FSDreamteam-sceneries, because a Standard Airport looks always better than an pretty airport without buildings. Any way, I spent a lot of money (and time!) for the sceneries and cannot use them. In my oppinion there must be a failure in your programm (all other scenries from aerosoft and others are working very well), so please tell me the really reason why the buildings are missing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 01:09:30 pm »
as a patient customer I carried out your procedure as described (it was not so difficult, nevertheless it costs me a lot of time!) and after a second trial the Addon-Manager is working now ...

Well, at least you got proof that it DOES work. The thing that didn't worked, in fact, was the Windows/FSX trusting mechanism, that needed to be reset.

In my oppinion there must be a failure in your programm (all other scenries from aerosoft and others are working very well), so please tell me the really reason why the buildings are missing.

There's not "failure" in our program.  In this case, it's an entirely different issue, and the failure is probably your Antivirus program, that is mistakenly identifying either the Addon Manager or the Couatl engine as threats, so they are not running, that's why you don't see any building. Again, there's nothing at fault in our products, the fault is a bug of your antivirus program.

As was explained, many times already, when the antivirus is interfering, you neeed to do the following:

- Turn OFF the Antivirus entirely

- Reinstall any scenery. Don't start FSX yet.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll and the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe files from scanning.

- Turn the antivirus back on, then launch FSX, it will work now.

gerald

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:29:32 am »
Thank you for this hint. I carried out the mentioned procedure and the building were available. After a modification of my weather-utility REX the buildings were missing again. I followed up a second time an installation of any FSDreamteam-scenery without virusscanner and then the buildings were seen again. Does this mean that I have to switch of my virusscanner every time when I want to install any scenery?
By the way, I want to ask you in the sense of good quality management to describe this problem in your main website under "FAQ".