Author Topic: Pushback Problem since 5. Dec update  (Read 1291 times)

Jaden2000

Pushback Problem since 5. Dec update
« on: December 08, 2019, 10:20:37 am »
Hello virtuali, hello everyone,
I noticed something strange.
I am standing on a position, where you can taxi out of your own (no Pusback is selected on the stand). But If you want to select "ready for push/engine start" it will always trigger a pushback truck and it will connect to the Aircraft.
The problem is there, since the last version.

I hope anyone can help.
Thank you.
Greetings from Germany.
Robin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Problem since 5. Dec update
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 10:11:57 am »
It's not really a problem, more like a side effect of having made the improvement of asking for pushback direction at the very last moment, which is a feature that has been suggested by many users, especially when flying online, when the ATC could change the active runway or just the taxi instructions at any time, so you wouldn't be stuck with a GSX direction you choose earlier.

The main issue is, the fact that TOO MANY 3rd party sceneries keep forgetting to set the Pushback direction: they just set it to "None", because this is how ADE defaults to. In very old versions, GSX was more strict about this: if the scenery AFCAD said "None", GSX assumed that NO Pushback should be used there, by then users assumed GSX had a "bug", when they used it on those 3rd party sceneries that forget to set a Pushback direction.

So we added users the ability to override it. And later on with also added the "straight pushback" to be always available, in any case. Even before the update, you still had the Pushback menu coming out, presenting the choice between a straight pushback or a departure before pushback.

Now, having moved the pushback decision at the end of the procedure, cause this but, the way I see it, it's not solvable unless we'll put an extra menu choice *before* the pushback starts, asking if you'll require a pushback, maybe only if the parking position is set to "None".