Author Topic: Disable "Good engine start"?  (Read 3367 times)

capt_pero

• aviation.pero-online.de
Disable "Good engine start"?
« on: December 07, 2019, 10:39:11 am »
Hi,

I read that this is a new feature. Since I use GSX from a home cockpit, every "click" is unpleasant. Is there a way to set an option either via LVAR or in the "GSX settings" to disable the ask for a "good engine start"?

Regards,
Peter
: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG & Homecockpit Builder

smagnut

Re: Disable "Good engine start"?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 11:02:07 am »
Hi,

that’s funny... I have exactly the same issue and can fully support your request, Peter.

Would be a perfect feature.

Thanks
Micha

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 11:15:39 am »
We already confirm this will come as an option in the next update.

pete_fuss

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 11:16:03 am »
hello umberto,

i don't really like the option with the good engine start either, especially since almost everything else runs automatically with the lua script of captnPero. please give him a chance or a variable to build it into his script.
nice weekend and regards

Pete

Upps, Umberto was faster then me ! Great

capt_pero

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 11:26:59 am »
We already confirm this will come as an option in the next update.
Thanks! Great service!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 11:32:02 am »
i don't really like the option with the good engine start either, especially since almost everything else runs automatically with the lua script of captnPero. please give him a chance or a variable to build it into his script.

I don't know how that script works but, even without having this as an option, it's surely possible to have everything running automatically from a script.

For example, a cockpit automation script could just send standard Simconnect menu keys event to reply to an opened menu automatically. That's how some 3rd party airplanes are doing GSX automation: they auto select menu entries automatically, depending on the situation, using standard Simconnect commands.

capt_pero

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 07:43:50 am »
This is what I am doing for JeeHell FMGS Cockpit Users.

With the latest update the "Check engines before PB" option is disabled in Aircraft menu but GSX is still asking. Any ideas?

Guenseli

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 11:56:03 am »
With the latest update the "Check engines before PB" option is disabled in Aircraft menu but GSX is still asking.

+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 09:52:29 am »
With the latest update the "Check engines before PB" option is disabled in Aircraft menu but GSX is still asking. Any ideas?

This thread is about disabling the "Good Engine Start" confirmation after f the Pushback. The "Check Engines before Pushback" option, as the name says, disables the request that has been in GSX for years, that always asked "Do you want to start engines before Pushback ?"

This is now optional, and it's by airplane, because it's more commonly used with airplanes that don't have an APU, like the Concorde, which nowadays are in the minority, so by default is disabled.

Funny how this thread started about not wanting to increase interactivity, and people were so quick complaining we added one, yet nobody realized this option, has reduced one step which was always there and nobody ever complained about it, even if the procedure to start engines before pushback is far less common than having to confirm a good engine start at the end.

We already confirmed the option to remove the far more common confirmation for good engine start WILL be added in a subsequent update, as a global option and by default will be Enabled.

capt_pero

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 11:02:54 am »
Thanks. Reading the options is a good idea. Yes we are still at "disable Good Engine Start after PB". :-)
Happy to wait for the update.