Author Topic: Install problem  (Read 2556 times)

dbw

Install problem
« on: December 09, 2019, 12:07:12 am »
Greetings. Just purchased KORD2. Downloaded okay but will not install. Please note i have never had KORD1 installed. Please advise what to do. Many thanks.

"An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
Delete file failed; code 5
Access is denied."

dbw

Re: Install problem
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:31:47 am »
This is another message where it looks like the installer is trying to put it in the wrong destination - see below. The installer will not let one change the destination.

"D:\Sddon Manager\FSdt_install_guide.pdf"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 09:00:31 am »
The error code is caused by having started the installer when the simulator was still running, or too quickly after the simulator has quit. A windows restart will surely fix it.

And no, the installer is not installing in the "wrong" location. It installs in the location YOU chose. And, it's not letting you change the destination, because you already installed another FSDT product before in that location so, while the installer surely allows you to freely choose ANY place to install into, all FSDT products must stay together, that's why, after the first one you install, the others will all defaults there, in order not letting you do the mistake of spreading several FSDT products in different places, which won't work.

dbw

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:48:29 pm »
The error code is caused by having started the installer when the simulator was still running, or too quickly after the simulator has quit. A windows restart will surely fix it.

And no, the installer is not installing in the "wrong" location. It installs in the location YOU chose. And, it's not letting you change the destination, because you already installed another FSDT product before in that location so, while the installer surely allows you to freely choose ANY place to install into, all FSDT products must stay together, that's why, after the first one you install, the others will all defaults there, in order not letting you do the mistake of spreading several FSDT products in different places, which won't work.

Thank you for the fast response and great support. I did as you suggested and all is good. i do appreciate your patience as I'm an older guy and not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this stuff - so thanks very much again. All the best.
Dave