Author Topic: Resetting GSX after every landing for jetways to work.  (Read 1999 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
Resetting GSX after every landing for jetways to work.
« on: December 04, 2019, 12:08:31 pm »
Every time I land at an airport destination I must reset GSX to get the jetways to work, i.e. selecting the menu option "operate jetways" does not work unless I reset GSX. I will depart an airport with the menu option selection working, but on arrival at the destination airport gate the menu option "operate jetway" does not work.

This has been an ongoing problem for a long time.
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Resetting GSX after every landing for jetways to work.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 12:29:16 pm »
Please clarify if:

- Only the separate "operate jetways" menu doesn't work on arrival

OR

- The jetways don't work on arrival, not even when asking for Deboarding.

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 12:34:54 pm »
Please clarify if:

- Only the separate "operate jetways" menu doesn't work on arrival

OR

- The jetways don't work on arrival, not even when asking for Deboarding.

Umberto, the jetways do not work at all on arrival. It requires me having to reset GSX to get them to work. I can request deboarding, but the jetways do not work, not even after asking for Deboarding.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:58:42 am by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

billkirk888

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 05:39:09 pm »
Was this corrected?  I seem to have the same issue, however it is sporadic.  Sometimes gates work fine, other times they stay stationary.  Same airport, same gate, same aircraft.  Other times the gate is transparent and passengers appear to be walking on air.  -again not every time.

Yesterday's occurrence was at FSDT's KIAH.  I always use the same gate (A25).  At times the gate works/moves as it should.  Other times it is either transparent or it simply won't move when requesting de-boarding.  The menu suggests "deboarding passengers" as it should. 

billkirk888

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 05:30:17 pm »
Here is a fresh example at another airport.  I conducted a flight from KORD-KCVG this morning.  P3D 4.5 (latest update), GSX full version (ran FSDT live update yesterday).  PMDG 737ngxu (most recent update - default livery) both airports are utilizing updated AFCADs (downloaded from AVSIM, verified for P3d).  GSX departure services went without a hitch.  No issues.  When close to KCVG, aprx. 9,000ft, I opened GSX and requested my gate at CVG (A15) as I normally do.  Once I arrived at the gate, it was invisible.  You could see the gate logo (in this case Delta), I believe the gate number where it normally is, maybe a few other things like the wheels below the jetway.  Everything else was invisible.  All other gates looked normal around me, however.  I went into GSX customize airport position menu, selected my gate and all of a sudden it was no longer invisible.  It looked normal. 

Once parked at the gate, I requested debording.  The gate moved and attached to the plane as it should, Catering/refueling/debording just showed "requested", however none of those things occurred.  Almost as if GSX was paused.  Airplane doors were all open (left front/rear entry, right front/rear, cargo front/rear) - also I have GSX set to ignore door positions when in auto mode.

Also- I should mention - I modified all A terminal jetways within GSX to the Crystal Aerotech 3 tunnel crystal 47/85 (previously - several days ago)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 02:11:08 pm »
It's impossible to even start testing your issue with such a complex configuration. Please indicate precisely:

- The AFCAD used and were it could be download, exactly. The link to the download.

- Attach your .INI customization too, so we could try with the same situation.

Also, could you please test if it changes if you select the gate AFTER touchdown ?