Author Topic: Having 2 Installed Chicago O' Hare Airports  (Read 4218 times)

kmanning

Having 2 Installed Chicago O' Hare Airports
« on: December 02, 2019, 04:57:05 am »

Hi,
I just purchased the New Chicago O' Hare Version 2. I also have the old 2011 Chicago O' Hare installed. When I install the new version, does it write over the old files or do I need to uninstall it first?

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Having 2 Installed Chicago O' Hare Airports
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:38:33 pm »
The O'Hare V2 installer will check if you have O'Hare 2011, and will to uninstall it first, otherwise it won't proceed with the installation. We don't let you do any mistakes with two of our products...

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 03:58:20 am »
The O'Hare V2 installer will check if you have O'Hare 2011, and will to uninstall it first, otherwise it won't proceed with the installation. We don't let you do any mistakes with two of our products...

I understand the first part where you say the installer checks if I have the older version and if so, it will uninstall it first and then install the new version. The part I'm confused about is where you say "otherwise it won't proceed with the installation." Are you saying that if it doesn't find the older version, it won't install this new version? If so, that would mean those who do not have the older version would have to install it first before installing this new version. Am I correct? I thought one could download and install this new version without having to install the older one. Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding this.

Ken.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:02:39 am by kmanning »

kmanning

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:01:59 am »
The part I'm confused about is where you say "otherwise it won't proceed with the installation." Are you saying that if it doesn't find the older version, it won't install this new version? If so, that would mean those who do not have the older version would have to install it first before installing this new version. Am I correct? I thought one could download and install this new version without having to install the older one. Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding this.

Okay, I see how it works now after I've tried to install it. The installer prompts you to uninstall the 2011 version from the Windows Control Panel. But dose that also uninstall the 2011 version from FSX for those that have it?

Ken.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:11:37 am by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 09:41:34 am »
Okay, I see how it works now after I've tried to install it. The installer prompts you to uninstall the 2011 version from the Windows Control Panel. But dose that also uninstall the 2011 version from FSX for those that have it?

Uninstalling from the Windows Control Panel uninstalls an app from the place in which it was originally installed to. That would be FSX in this case.

simbro

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 12:07:08 pm »
On trying to install v2 I also receive the message that I should uninstall the old 2011 version using the Control Panel.

However, I don't have an entry in the Control Panel to do this.... I used to have it in FSX but it would seem that I didn't uninstall it correctly when I moved to P3Dv4 and must still have some registry or other registration somewhere which is being found by the v2 installer.

Could you please let me know how to remove all traces of 'v2011' so that I may install the new v2 O'Hare?

Thanks
Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 12:35:16 pm »
Could you please let me know how to remove all traces of 'v2011' so that I may install the new v2 O'Hare?

Remove these folders, when the sim is not running:

Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\OhareX

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_OHareX
Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\VEH_air_baggage_KORD
Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\VEH_air_furgone_KORD
Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\VEH_air_spazzaneve_KORD
Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\VEH_air_trattore_KORD

Addon Manager\Couatl\OHareX

simbro

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 01:21:58 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the info regarding the steps to take to eliminate the old 'v2011' of O'Hare... Worked perfectly and v2 is now installed & registered!

Mille grazie
Simon