Author Topic: GSX suddenly in trial mode  (Read 6545 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Re: GSX suddenly in trial mode
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 05:48:08 pm »
After update, now I face more and more problems! First, it abruptly when pushing back my plane. I had to re-edit it!

When landing KORD, GSX suddenly disappeared and became trial mode.

I had to exit P3D and restart and hopefully it will not bring too much headache!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 05:35:35 pm »
Try to Deactivate and Reactivate GSX from the Addon Manager.

KimK

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 01:28:54 pm »
Twice I've had this in a few months on P3Dv5. Without doing anything, GSX menu doesn't load anymore in the sim menu and it says it is in TRIAL mode.

I cannot de-activate it, because it is in TRIAL mode...

KimK

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 02:09:49 pm »
As I did the first time I reinstalled it and now it appears again.

Thinking about it, when I reinstalled GSX, it asked me to stop Couatl as it was still running in the background. Should have perhaps tried to restart my PC/end task of the Couatl process to see if it got stucked somehow.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2022, 10:23:26 am »
Thinking about it, when I reinstalled GSX, it asked me to stop Couatl as it was still running in the background. Should have perhaps tried to restart my PC/end task of the Couatl process to see if it got stucked somehow.

That was surely the cause, sometimes it happens either because you start the installer/updater too quickly after the sim was still releasing all file locks for all processes started in the previous sessions. The updater checks for this, as you might have noticed, and it also tries to terminate the process itself but, sometimes (due to permission issues in your account) it can't, and you must do it yourself with the Task Manager. Or, just restart Windows.