Author Topic: How can i rotate jetway bridge?  (Read 2763 times)

airone

How can i rotate jetway bridge?
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:14:02 pm »
Please look at the picture, showing that the edge of the bridge doesn`t parallel to the terminal building. I`am able to rotate jetway separately by pressing 1 or 3 buttons, but as you understand it is not what i want. Thank you.
https://imgur.com/14EQeLW

airone

Re: How can i rotate jetway bridge?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 03:09:24 pm »
ok. i can separately select bridge model for moving. thanks.

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 08:34:47 pm »
Could you tell how did you do that?
I couldn't manage to separate bridge and jetway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:33:50 pm »

If you use the default replacement model for default jetways, it's the only jetway that comes with its own bridge, so it cannot be handled separately. All the other models have the jetway and the bridge as separate objects, so you can move and rotate independently.

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 09:04:28 pm »

If you use the default replacement model for default jetways, it's the only jetway that comes with its own bridge, so it cannot be handled separately. All the other models have the jetway and the bridge as separate objects, so you can move and rotate independently.
I can't find how to turn the "bridge" but jetways. (I am not using default jetways).
Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 10:21:51 pm »
I can't find how to turn the "bridge" but jetways. (I am not using default jetways).

Please clarify, you mean you want to rotate the bridges ? Exactly like any other object. But of course, before you can rotate a bridge you must first:

- Choose a jetway model other than the REPLACEMENT for the default ( not "default jetway", the GSX *replacement* model for the default jetway ) because, as I've said in the last post, it's the only jetway model that doesn't come with a separate bridge because, to *replace* the default model, it MUST be of the same dimension and it MUST include a bridge, so it can replace the default model in the same place with no changes.

- After you selected any other of the 80+ models available in GSX, which DO have the ability to add a bridge you must then...

- ...select a bridge model. NOW you can rotate it.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 10:48:06 pm »
I choose a Jetway model either one (not the default) from the list down and then I choose the Bridge. After, I start with Customize Jetway in Editor and I can't turn the Bridge. Instead, it turns the Jetway. Am I missing or skipping some step?
Glad you are helping me on this.
Patricio Valdes
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 12:07:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 12:10:27 am »
I start with Customize Jetway in Editor and I can't turn the Bridge. Instead, it turns the Jetway. Am I missing or skipping some step?

If you select "Customize Jetways", by default the editor will point to the jetway itself. IF the jetway has a bridge, you can use the standard command to cycle between objects (F1/F4), so the next selected object will be the bridge. This will be indicated by the editor icon which will change from jetway to bridge, and the pointer will turn orange, to indicate which the active editable object.

After the bridge is active, you can now rotate the bridge.

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 05:16:39 am »
Umberto, you are great! I got it the turning Bridge as you guided. I really appreciate your professional Support help.
Best Regards,
Patricio Valdes