Author Topic: STATIC AIRCRAFT  (Read 9268 times)

velocity8900

STATIC AIRCRAFT
« on: October 14, 2009, 12:02:12 am »
HEY HOWS IT GOING FSDT MY NAME IS ANTON AND I DO HAVE A LITTLE ISSUE WITH FORT LAUDERDALE SCENERY FOR FSX OF COARSE, I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYWAY YOU GUYS CAN MAKE AN UPDATE FOR FORT LAUDERDALE TO HAVE A FEW STATIC AIRCRAFTS LIKE AIRTRAN AND A FEW OTHER AIRLINES BECAUSE I DO HAVE YOUR JFK SCENERY BUT I HAD TO TURN THE TRAFFIC DOWN A BIT FOR JFK IN ORDER TO GET MORE FRAPS TO RUN REALLY SMOOTH, SO BY DOING THIS I HARDLY HAVE ANY TRAFFIC NOW FOR FORT LAUDERDALE. I ONLY HAVE JUST A COUPLE OF PLANES NOW AT FORT LAUDERDALE AND I NEED TO HAVE MORE PLANES FOR THAT AIRPORT BECAUSE AN AIRPORT ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER WITH OTHER PLANES AROUND.  I LIVE IN FORT LAUDERDALE SO I'M ALWAYS FLYING OUT OF FORT LAUDERDALE TO JFK.

ANYWAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND I DO LOVE YOUR SCENERIES, VERY DETAILED!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: STATIC AIRCRAFT
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 02:18:35 am »
I asked this once before when the KFLL scenery was announced and the answer was no. What I was actually looking for was more static AI for the North side of the airport, besides the cargo carriers. I ended up writing some simple flight plans to put the DHL aircraft in their spot like they are here since WOAI or UT2 don't have any DHL flying into KFLL:

You could do the same for the carriers you like by just writing some simple flight planes for them to fly somehwhere in the middle of the night, then they will be sitting there during the day like static AI. I know its kind of a pain in the butt, but unless you have some static AI models, there is no way to do it. MS provides some static AI you can place using ADE, Instant Scenery, or the SDK, but the are unbranded/unmarked/ficticious paints. I really wish a developer would make a package of static AI with actual airline or cargo carriers that we could use with a placement tool for those situations.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:05:18 am by cmpbllsjc »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
DHL totally withdrew from shipping within the United States first of this year.  That's why WOAI and UT2 don't have them.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sundance70

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 10:14:59 pm »
DHL totally withdrew from shipping within the United States first of this year.  That's why WOAI and UT2 don't have them.

DHL did not withdraw from shipping within the US, they just restructured their operations and turned over the air portion to UPS in a partnership to lower their overhead cost on a market (USA) which was not very profitable.  I think this is what you meant ;)

http://www.dhl-usa.com/about/pr/PRDetail.asp?nav=PressRoom/PressReleases&year=2008&seq=1207

Regards,

David
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:59:39 pm »
What DHL did or what I meant is irrelevant, the fact remains that DHL aircraft do not fly within the United States.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 11:10:29 pm »
Gents,

I just talked, this past month, to two buddies of mine and one acquaintance that were seeking new positions, who were formerely Captain's and a Flight Engineer, flying for DHL and all of them were furloughed. :(

Getting and keeping a flying job in the U.S. is not a very pleasent thing right now. :'(
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

sundance70

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 11:16:25 pm »
Gents,

I just talked, this past month, to two buddies of mine and one acquaintance that were seeking new positions, who were formerely Captain's and a Flight Engineer, flying for DHL and all of them were furloughed. :(

Getting and keeping a flying job in the U.S. is not a very pleasent thing right now. :'(

Sorry to hear about that.  Hopefully they can find a job with another company soon.  As for Bruce, I was just correcting a broad statement you made even if it is irrelevant in your eyes.  DHL is a major supplier of mine and I just wanted to clear that up.  No need to continue and argue about what was said...

Regards,

David
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:27:54 pm »
Didn't know that. Just wanted to have a DHL flight there to go with the DHL containers that FSDT put there. I was just using this as an example for the original poster as a way to have some static AI.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:43:40 pm by cmpbllsjc »

velocity8900

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 01:14:37 am »
HEY THANK YOU cmpbllsjc!

I DO HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH, HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT WRITTING AIRCRAFTS SO YOU CAN HAVE THEM AS A STATIC AIRCRAFT AT THE AIRPORT.  I'M NOT FIRMILIAR WITH ADE!  WHEN YOU GET SOME TIME CAN YOU KINDLY EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO WRITE AIRCRAFTS SO I CAN TRY IT OUT BECAUSE YES FORT LAUDERDALE DOES NEED SOME STATIC AIRCRAFT VERY BAD.  I DON'T KNOW WHY WHY FSDT CAN'T PUT IN STATIC AIRCRAFT, I HAVE THE UK2000 HEATHROW SCENERY AND IT HAS THE OPTION TO HAVE STATIC AIRCRAFT AND THEY GIVE YOU TONS OF STATIC AIRLINES AND THE AIRPORT DOESN'T LOOK DESERTED AT ALL WHICH IS AWESOME AND PLUS WITH ALL THE STATIC PLANES AND BUILDINGS AROUND GETS VERY VERY GOOD FRAPS.

ANYWAY WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE PLEASE KINDLY TELL ME HOW TO WRITE THE AIRCRAFTS OK, THANK YOU!