Author Topic: Moving Textures Along Taxiway SF  (Read 4035 times)

bhorv67

Moving Textures Along Taxiway SF
« on: November 28, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
I understand the issue at the bridge on Taxiway SF, but there's another problem where textures are gliding or moving on the ground as the plane passes by. This only happens around the bridge on taxiway SF. Once past that point, the main terminal building is fine.
I'm not clear how Orbx Vector elevation utility should be configured for this airport. I have run the 'automatic' mode and applied those changes. Suppose I'm asking if KIAH should have the elevation correction enabled or disabled in Orbx?

Does that also apply to the moving texture problem or is that caused by something else?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Moving Textures Along Taxiway SF
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:41:11 pm »
but there's another problem where textures are gliding or moving on the ground as the plane passes by. This only happens around the bridge on taxiway SF. Once past that point, the main terminal building is fine.

I'm afraid there's not much to do about it.

The FSX/P3D engine doesn't really support entirely sloped airport, which for several reasons makes it difficult to do elevated taxiway bridges with an underpass without some visual artifacts, which are even more difficult in this case to fix, since the scenery was originally made for FSX, and P3D doesn't support well some tricks that were valid in FSX to do taxiway bridges. In FSX, there are no visual issues, only in P3D4, and I think this is the case only starting from a recent version.

We'll have a look at it, to see if this is an easy fix, or it would require a proper P3D4 native scenery.