Author Topic: Can't Install KFLL Scenery  (Read 9111 times)

Lloyd Boyette

Can't Install KFLL Scenery
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:19:44 pm »
So I downloaded the scenery yesterday and was really excited. I am a controller over in ZMA and this is one of my favorite airports.

Anyway, I get an error message that says " This requires 9.1 patch and you only have 9.0! " I thought I might have forgotten to install it and when trying to install the 9.1 patch is says that the update has already been done.

Any ideas on this one?

Sincerely,
Lloyd O Boyette
ZMA_LB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't Install KFLL Scenery
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:18:20 pm »
Anyway, I get an error message that says " This requires 9.1 patch and you only have 9.0! " I thought I might have forgotten to install it and when trying to install the 9.1 patch is says that the update has already been done

If the installer says you don't have the 9.1 patch, then you don't have it. Note that, the installer only checks for the G3D.DLL file, not the main FS9.EXE (because lots of users use FS9.1 with a nocd patch for 9.0). So, apparently, you have installed the 9.1 patch in the past, but somehow, your G3D.DLL file is still from 9.0

We suspect there's a rogue addon out there that downgrades the G3D.DLL file from 9.1 to 9.0, for unknown reasons, but never been able to identify it.

However, you might be able to apply the 9.1 update again, if you remove the BACKUP folder in the FS9 folder.

Sakpase

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:16:08 pm »
Virtuali, I had to reinstall FS9 on my PC due to my wife frying my hard drive. Where can I get the 9.1 patch?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:30:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:32:30 pm »
Virtuali, I had to reinstall FS9 on my PC due to my wife frying my hard drive. Where can I get the 9.1 patch?

On Microsoft web site, where else ?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92cf4b8c-ea69-476b-a276-618c4ab52aaf&displaylang=en

Just choose the correct version for your FS9 language, not the Windows language, but the FS9 language so, if you have FS9 in English, you need to download the 9.1 English update, regardless of your Windows language.

milomiami

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 05:32:25 pm »
Hi....

I've exactly the problems of Lloyd.....I have all tried, can you please tell me step by step what to do???
I've copied the gd3 from the fs9 cd into the modules folder and than tried to executing the 9.1 update but the installer sais"9.1 is installed"......if I try to launch the KFFL scenery but this installer says "9.1 not installed"...so...what to do....????...Show me another way to install KFFL on my PC and purchase the full version and import it to my second mean non-connected simulator- PC.

cheers
Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 07:41:38 pm »
if I try to launch the KFFL scenery but this installer says "9.1 not installed"...so...what to do....????...Show me another way to install KFFL on my PC

There's no other way to use KFLL, if you don't install FS9.1. Even if you could bypass the installer check, it will NOT WORK on 9.0, at all. Not just "less reliably": it will not work at all so, you need to install 9.1

If the installer says you don't have the 9.1 patch, then you don't have it. Note that, the installer only checks for the G3D.DLL file, not the main FS9.EXE (because lots of users use FS9.1 with a nocd patch for 9.0). So, apparently, you have installed the 9.1 patch in the past, but somehow, your G3D.DLL file is still from 9.0

However, you might be able to apply the 9.1 update again, if you remove the BACKUP folder in the FS9 folder.

and purchase the full version and import it to my second mean non-connected simulator- PC.

There's no need to have the 9.1 update to *PURCHASE* the product. In fact, there's no need to have FS9 installed at all, to purchase it, since you can buy it from the Web store with an computer that has internet access.

-  You can buy the product on the Web store, this will get you a Serial Number.

-  Install the Trial on the non-connected PC

- Select the "Register Serial" option and put your serial number there

- It will ask if you want to Activate, reply "Yes"

- If there's no internet connection, a dialog will ask you what to do, select "Offline"

- A Window will appear with 3 choices, select "Activate Using a Different Computer that has Web access"

- It will show a code called "Installation ID" related to this machine. Save this code and go to another PC which has web access

- Go to http://activate.esellerate.net and type the Installation ID into the field. It should reply back with another long code. Save this code and return to the non-internet connected PC.

- Launch FS and wait again for the manual activation screen to come up. Now select "I already have an Activation Key and would like to Activate Now". Type the code you obtained from the web from the other PC, and it should activate.

best regards,

Umberto Colapicchioni - VIRTUALI s.a.s.
http://www.virtualisoftware.com