Author Topic: GSX FSDT_LCD.rtf Font Error  (Read 2203 times)

Bingo41

GSX FSDT_LCD.rtf Font Error
« on: November 23, 2019, 12:51:59 am »
Hi,

Attached is image of a font error generated when installing gsx_p3d4_setup.exe.

How to fix, and should I install the add-on manager in the C:/ root directory?

Bill Clark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX FSDT_LCD.rtf Font Error
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 02:13:12 am »
Just ignore it, it means the font is already installed, and some kind of Windows protection feature is preventing to install it again ( it normally works with no errors, but on some system we see that ).

Bingo41

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 06:48:23 pm »
Well, you got me on that one!!

Just didn't remember encountering that error before.

Bill Clark

Shally

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 01:51:40 am »
I don't think the font is installed. It certainly doesn't show up in the folder.  I chose "ignore" to complete the installation and then copied the font from another computer that had GSX on it via USB key. When I copied it into the Windows\font  folder I was not prompted to overwrite it. Therefore doesn't this mean it was not already there?
Steve Shallcross.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 10:01:33 am »
Therefore doesn't this mean it was not already there?

You can be sure the font was already there, otherwise you wouldn't have seen the error, which clearly says "trying to replace the existing file". Don't assume anything when the Windows folder is concerned, since that folder has special protection features that can cause all sort of misleading behavior.

Note that, you cannot install a Font by "just" copying it to the Windows\Font folder. The correct way to install a font is:

- copying it from another computer in a normal folder, like your Desktop.

- double click on it to INSTALL it. No, that's not just a simply copy, it's a registration of the Font in the registry as well, the font won't work if it's just copied

- after the font is installed, you can remove it from the place you copied from ( the Desktop, in this example )

Not that you *have* to do all of this. The GSX installer does EXACTLY that but, as I've said, in some cases that error message appears, and you can ignore it.