Author Topic: Choose/change pushback path after truck is connected  (Read 2840 times)

MightyDog

Choose/change pushback path after truck is connected
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:14:26 pm »
Hi Umberto

We wrote a month or two ago in the AVSIM Forum (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/559170-gsx-level-2-version-27-available/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-4054661) about this topic already, but I thought it might be better to have a thread about it here, especially after the great improvements of the pushback path finding.

To summarize, in real and in online networks you are expected to start pushback within 30sec after the pushback clearance is given. With GSX, this is only possible if you select the pushback path first, let the truck connect and then call for pushback clearance, hoping that the pushback instruction will match with what you selected previously. If not, you were out of luck ;)

I see two ways to solve this problem:

- Changing the push back flow, to first have the push back truck connect, then asking for direction and starting the push directly after the parking brake is released
- Leaving the push back flow mostly the same as now, hence, selecting push back direction (the one you will most likely get) then waiting for push back truck to be connected. However, once connected but before parking break released add an option in the GSX menu to change the push back path, which would then call the push back selection again.

I think the first way would be more straight forward, while the second might be easier to implement? Anyway both ways would solve the issue.

Best regards
Nicolas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Choose/change pushback path after truck is connected
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 03:15:32 am »
We'll look into this, seems useful.

NickFlightX

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 05:49:34 pm »
If I may add my suggestion as well. I would be interested in having the pushback tug connect, then ask for directions. After that is done, there is an option that comes up that says ready to go, or wait a few minutes. If you select wait, you simply need to call the menu back again to say we are ready. Then release brakes and push.

Ebertr

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 10:30:42 am »
Don't make it to complicated. All this stuff makes push/back at the end more complicated and labor intensive than flying the aircraft.

Ruediger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 10:33:01 am »
Don't make it to complicated. All this stuff makes push/back at the end more complicated and labor intensive than flying the aircraft.

Of course, there are plenty of users that would like the pushback to be more involving so, clearly, is not possible to please everybody.

And no, we are not planning to make it any more "complicated", it should probably be enough to just MOVE the appearance of the menu requesting the Pushback direction at the very last moment, before asking to release brakes, so it will work the same, just in a different sequence.