Author Topic: Correct way to refuel NGXu?  (Read 2969 times)

kenthom

Correct way to refuel NGXu?
« on: November 19, 2019, 09:03:29 pm »
I have attempted to refuel using the same way at the PMDG 777.   I place the current amount of fuel on board in the "FUEL" page such as 5000 lbs.  Then I place the amount of fuel I want uplifted into the Ground Services plan page after denoting "turnaround".    The FMS correctly computes amount to be uplifted.   The fuel truck arrives and nothing happens.   The truck sits at the edge of the wing.  I give up and place the total amount of fuel I want for the flight in the "FUEL" page and then have to use PMDG pushback since GSX2 will not pushback until refueling is complete.

Is there a step I am missing or am I totally doing it wrong?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Correct way to refuel NGXu?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 12:29:43 am »
You want to wait for the fuel truck to be fully in position before you enter in the amount of fuel you want into the FMC. Once the hose is connected to the wing and the refueling bloke is waiting, that would be a good time to enter it in.
Captain Kevin

kenthom

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 04:24:39 am »
I was attempting to refuel at FB KDEN.  A small truck arrives with no men in it.  It just sits there.  I thought an update fixed this or am I mistaken?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 04:32:06 am »
Assuming you have the current GSX update ( which supports the 737 NGXu natively ), you simply follow the procedure in the manual for airplanes with a custom fuel system.

- Call the fuel truck

- Wait for the message "use the airplane fuel system" to come up. Now you can change the Fuel quantity from the PMDG FMC.

It's entirely normal you'll see a smaller truck with no crew animation, because the Fuel Hydrant with the elevated platform doesn't support airplanes with refueling points under the wing lower than 3.40 meters. It might come with a future update, since it will require a completely different animation.

So, the smaller fuel truck will just stay there, with its Fuel counter showing the progress, then it will go away.

kenthom

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 04:44:56 am »
Okay, thank you.  I again read through another thread about this issue.  I misunderstood.  I thought that one of the last two updates fixed that issue.  Good to know I was doing it right. 

So to be clear, the little truck will refuel the plane and leave when fueling is completed?