FSDreamTeam forum
December 06, 2019, 06:17:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshaller marshalls perculiarly  (Read 465 times)
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »

If you take a look at any of the 30 videos I linked, you'll see that yes, everyone has their own style, but none of them do the incorrect action that GSX does.

Please stop repeating "incorrect", when it's clearly a matter of individual styles and regional habits. Just because you never seen something in one place, it doesn't mean it's not common in other places. We obviously based the animations on existing real world videos.

This guy, for example, does the "go ahead" in what I'm sure you'll call a "peculiar" or "incorrect" way, which is different than most do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRQ7oIu7IYo&t=210

But the "normal stop" and "stop" signals are basically IDENTICAL to what GSX's Brenda does now.

This guy, instead, does the "go ahead" i a TOTALLY different way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdWeKrbtJo&t=75s

So which one is right, and which one is the "incorrect" one ? They BOTH are perfectly fine to me and perfectly clear what they are signaling, since they are all compliant the CAP 637 standard, and that's the only thing that really matters.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 03:52:07 AM »

Well... After Brenda did it correctly several times, this guy pops up and the issue with the stop position reappeared.

He stopped me 4.8' from the stop position. Cry

* 2019-12-3_20-45-50-533.jpg (331.35 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 9 times.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:56:28 AM by Pirateinparadise » Logged
VHEBN

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 03:56:57 AM »

Umberto, I don't know why it is so hard for you to fix this. The old marshaller was fine. Please at least just add it as an option.

Also, side note, where exactly in CAP637 does it say your method is acceptable? I only see reference to mine.

* Untitled.png (30.39 KB, 1130x418 - viewed 12 times.)
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »

Umberto, I don't know why it is so hard for you to fix this. The old marshaller was fine. Please at least just add it as an option.

As I've said, several times by now, there's nothing to fix. You said yourself, when confronted with a real video doing something different from you expected, that you never seen it before so, please, don't say something is wrong, just because you never happened to see it done in the places you have been.

And no, the old marshaller wasn't "fine", as noted by pirateinpiradise, when using the "old" marshaller.

Also, side note, where exactly in CAP637 does it say your method is acceptable? I only see reference to mine.

Which is why, I posted two videos of wildly different interpretations of the "go ahead" signal, used in real world, proving it's really a matter of personal style. What matters is the signal wouldn't be mistaken for something else, and the pilot would understand, in order to be able to recognize when to stop.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 01:42:52 PM by virtuali » Logged

virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »

Well... After Brenda did it correctly several times, this guy pops up and the issue with the stop position reappeared.

As indicated in the release notes:

Change: - GSX - Better Marshaller animation for "Brenda" Marshaller. Others will follow soon.

It takes some time to update animations with all the different variations, for the precise reason we DO have ( on purpose ) different individual styles, so nobody would think these guys are robots with the same animation and just a different skin.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: