Author Topic: Heavy Gates  (Read 5347 times)

Unfaced

Heavy Gates
« on: October 09, 2009, 12:11:26 pm »
Hi there,

after a while, I was flying into KLAS again and figured out, that FSX says there are only medium gates and freigth & GA Gates but no heavy or small ones. Is this normal? How do I figure out, where I am allowed to park my 747 or MD-11?

On the other side, for my BAe JS 41, a medium gate is way to big.

Am I missing here something?

best regards,
Alex

bradl

Re: Heavy Gates
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:43:02 pm »

I'm not entirely sure which AFCAD you're using, but as much as KLAS is an international airport, real world speaking, they on occasion rarely get anything heavier than a B767. Those generally come from Delta, which means they are headed to the D gates. The occasional B753 from DAL/NWA and COA will come in, and all three of them are at the D gates.

With that said, PIA, VIR, and KAL are pretty much the ones that come in with heavier jets (A340, B744, and B772 respectively), and they all go to the International Terminal (terminal 2). So depending on how close to the real world the AFCAD you are using is, there is where you'll find the heavy gates.

BL.

Unfaced

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »
good to know. I am using the default ACFAD which came from the installer.

Terminal 2 are Which gates? B or?

bradl

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »
good to know. I am using the default ACFAD which came from the installer.

Terminal 2 are Which gates? B or?

Terminal 1 is actually the A, B, C, and D gates. Terminal 2 is the international terminal, north of the A gates, parallel to taxiway D.

BL.

Unfaced

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:11:39 am »
Thank you very much  :)