Author Topic: No buildings, runways or taxiways at any FSDT airport? **SOLVED**  (Read 4277 times)

PilotGW

Hi,

I own the following FSDT airports for P3DV4: KMEM, KCLT, KDFW, KJFK, KLAX, LSGG

Tonight I've noticed that I have absolutely no buildings, runways or taxiways whatsoever at any of the above airports.

I've tried deactivating, uninstalling, reinstalling with the latest installers and reactivating with antivirus/firewall disabled as recommended but the problem persists. The addon manager and couatl menu items are also present.

I've also tried live update, and restarting couatl and rebuilding the airport cache. Addon manager states the sceneries are ACTIVE but not installed in the scenery library. However, I can see the sceneries in the scenery library plain as day.

I've run out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:06:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings, runways or taxiways at any FSDT airport?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:23:58 pm »
Enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

ZIP this file and Attach it to a post, so I can look at it.

PilotGW

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:56:36 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you for your reply!

Couatl.log attached.

I should also note I own both GSX and GSX Level 2 and they seem to be working just fine.

Regards,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:31:40 pm »
Your log shows GSX recognized your were located at KMEM and loaded it. Are you sure is still showing "Not installed in the Scenery Library" after the cache rebuild ?

PilotGW

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 10:38:36 pm »
Hi,

Yes still showing as ACTIVE but not installed after rebuilding the airport cache. ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 10:41:33 pm »
Yes still showing as ACTIVE but not installed after rebuilding the airport cache. ???

Contact me at the support email address, because I need to send you a special debug version of the Addon Manager to try.

PilotGW

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 10:57:50 pm »
Thank you very much, email sent!

Gerpilot

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 11:58:18 pm »
Same here!!! After latest addon manager update

Flyboy0284

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 12:24:10 am »
Same problem for me as well. No FSDT airports work after the latest update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 02:06:09 am »
Fixed with the current Live Update

keino333

Re: No buildings, runways or taxiways at any FSDT airport? **SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 02:01:22 pm »
Same here, but not only, when I run the updater it says it cannot locate the DFW.ADF and it is removing it.  When I run the singular installer for DFW it freezes on "Configuring scnery files in Prepar 3d v4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings, runways or taxiways at any FSDT airport? **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 11:26:47 am »
Same here, but not only, when I run the updater it says it cannot locate the DFW.ADF and it is removing it.

There's no such file. Please be more precise about the message, which might not necessarily mean it's an "error".

When I run the singular installer for DFW it freezes on "Configuring scnery files in Prepar 3d v4

That's the only part of the installer which is NOT done by our installer. When you see that message, the installer is asking the SIMULATOR to add the scenery *itself*, using a standard feature provided by the simulator that means starting it from your installer to let it add a new scenery by itself, so we wouldn't have to mess with the configuration files directly, which very reliable and should be the method every P3D developer should use.

So, it seems the problem is some kind of external interference, most likely the antivirus, which is preventing the installer from starting Prepar3D.exe, likely because the antivirus freaked up when an installer was trying to start an executable. Disable the antivirus and try again.