Author Topic: Skeleton vehicles  (Read 2737 times)

dehart

Skeleton vehicles
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:45:29 pm »
Regular (not 100%) I see during boarding/deboarding only a part of the buses, push back vehicle and also passengers half of their body.
This is with PMDG737NGX and also with Majestic Q400.
I'm using FSX and Windows 10/64bit.
What is going wrong here?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Skeleton vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:33:03 pm »
If only some objects are missing or parts are missing, it's usually a problem of video memory corruption so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

dehart

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 03:12:50 pm »
Hi Virtuali,
Thanks for reaction.
- "Reset video driver to default". Is it not normal this in default? If not, where can I see this resp modify it? My video is Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 super.
- "Delete FSX.CFG" Where can I apply the HIGHMEMFIX = 1?
- All addons are started as administrator.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 05:27:58 pm »
- "Reset video driver to default". Is it not normal this in default? If not, where can I see this resp modify it? My video is Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 super.

Try to install the latest drivers, choose a custom installation, and the option to do a "clean" install.

- "Delete FSX.CFG" Where can I apply the HIGHMEMFIX = 1?

The Addon Manager can apply the tweak for you. Save and restart FSX.

dehart

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 03:07:07 pm »
Hi Virtuali,
Drivers are the latest. Hihgmemfix =1
Will see l if this helps!
Report you later.
Regards

dehart

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 09:47:15 pm »
Unfortunately the problem still exists!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 11:04:09 pm »
All users that ever had this problem confirmed it was always fixed by either resetting the video drivers to default, or resetting the FSX.CFG, adding the HIGHMEMFIX tweak.

But of course, with FSX all bets are off. As a 32 bit program, with not even all the whole 4GB of RAM available to apps, and the more VRAM you have, the less normal memory the apps have ( because in DirectX 9, part of the video memory is mapped inside the normal address space, stealing away memory for the sim) so, it's very possible that, with your addon and settings, you reached the limit in which FSX can't no longer display all graphic without some kind of memory corruption.

Really, having a modern video card like yours, with FSX, it's probably the worse possible choice: FSX is not fully using it ( it's basically wasted, since FSX is not really GPU-dependant ), but its considerable amount of memory is stealing away resources for the simulator so, the more objects and textures the sim use, the more memory is stolen from from FSX, so it's the worse possible case, you are not using your card, because FSX doesn't use it much, but because of it, the sim has less memory to work with, so it's more at risk of crashes and, even if it doesn't crash, when it's close to memory exhaustion, it will start showing strange things.

In addition to that, if you are not using the Steam version or the Acceleration Pack, and are still using the old Service Pack 2, there are bugs in it ( which nobody will fix, of course ), which cause display problems that don't happen with the Steam version.

So, if you are not using the Steam version, that might probably the cause.

If you are, then you should really consider switching to a P3D4, which will use your hardware much better, with none of the issues FSX has as a 32 bit app.

dehart

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 03:29:54 pm »
The skeleton figures are only visual at the PMDG B737-800 NGX.
For e.g. at a Majestic Q400 pro  plane all figures are ok!
Has it something to do with PMDG devices?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 10:20:13 pm »
The skeleton figures are only visual at the PMDG B737-800 NGX. For e.g. at a Majestic Q400 pro  plane all figures are ok!Has it something to do with PMDG devices?

It has to do with FSX being a 32 bit app so, if an airplane requires more memory than other one, and you are close to exhaustion, the video ram ( which is mapped in the application space, because you are on a DX9 32 bit app ) might have become trashed/corrupted.

dehart

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 01:55:27 pm »
Virtuali,
I measured the folowing parameters with Process Explorer-Sysinternals:
For FSX full equiped
* CPU abt 10%
* Private Bytes abt 1.9 Gb
* Working set abt 1.8 Gb
* PID 6320
This seems within the 32 bit FSX device, wich can have a max of 4 Gb, as far as I know!?
Has the problem something to do with this item?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 01:59:42 pm »
This seems within the 32 bit FSX device, wich can have a max of 4 Gb, as far as I know?

4GB is the maximum theoretical limit a 32 bit application can use, but the real amount is much lower because, as I've said, in DirectX 9, Video memory is copied back into the same application address space and, the more memory is used by graphic, the LESS memory you have for a 32 bit app, so the real limit is lower than 4GB, and it's not easy to calculate, because it depends how much memory is allocated by your settings, and all the combination of add-ons you are using. The more you have, the  worse it is.

Also, as I've said in one of my previous replies, if you are not using the Steam version or the Acceleration Pack, and are still using the old Service Pack 2, there are bugs in it ( which nobody will fix, of course ), which cause display problems that don't happen with the Steam version.

So, if you are not using the Steam version, that might probably the cause.

dehart

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 03:45:08 pm »
Virtuali,
Sorry for all inconvience.
I'm using the Gold Edition of FSX, which includes the Acceleration pack.
Is this also a bad combination iso FSX/Service Pack 2?
Does a update of DirectX9 helps?