Author Topic: Here Then Gone  (Read 2736 times)

sticky1202

Here Then Gone
« on: October 23, 2019, 06:02:34 pm »
Hi,

Yesterday KORDv2 was working perfect. Today I landed and wanted to request a gate, but GSX was gone from the addon menu. I taxing to the "B" gates, and saw that the "B" terminal was there (although the gates were not there, and the gate info signs were not working), however the other terminals were missing. This is the second time "arriving" to KORD and this has happened. Last time after running the update, all was good again. It seems to be an arrival thing for me.

Jim B

sticky1202

Re: Here Then Gone
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 10:03:14 pm »
FSDT,

Same problem different day. Since my last post 3 days ago, I ran the live update, and as predicted my next departure from ORD was perfect. Today I fly a flight back to ORD and land to the same conditions as 3 days ago. When I departed KALB, GSX was working fine. At "top of descent" my GSX menu was still visible under the "addon" menu. As you can see in the attachment below, GSX is not available after landing at ORD, along with the previous problem of vanishing terminals. Help please!

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:43:12 am »
Enable logging from GSX Troubleshooting menu and, if it happens again, after you exit the sim ( but don't restart it again, otherwise your previous log will be lost ), check the Couatl.LOG file under %APPDATA%\Virtuali, ZIP it and Attach it to a post.

sticky1202

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »
Did a flight last night from EHAM to KORD. Approaching KORD, the ground textures seemed very messed up. I was using Active sky for weather. Attached are some screenshots. There was precipitation in the area. Is this maybe snow? I had no other ground textures. Also when deboarding, the elevation at the gate seemed messed up also. The error log (I think this is it) is also attached. The good news is the terminals and GSX were present this time.

Jim B

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 03:39:59 pm »
I cannot make out much from your screenshots. Please post a screenshot that shows a better overview of the airport, clearly showing what might be missing.

It's important to note that, KORD V2 ground is not handled by our software. That's fairly different from all our previous sceneries, and KORD V2 is 90% plain SDK code using standard .BGLs, the only thing handled by our software, which might be eventually missing if it's not running correctly, is the Terminal C interior/exterior, but the rest of the scenery is plain .BGL.

This means, if you have any problems on ground textures, or anything which is not the Terminal C or the Jetways ( which are created by GSX ), they can only be caused by:

- The scenery not being installed.

- Another scenery in conflict.

- The scenery disabled in the Scenery Library, possible after using some kind of external library managing software.

sticky1202

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 01:36:37 pm »
Looks like it may have something to do with Drzewiecki Chicago. Attached is a screenshot from my most recent flight into KORD, and it was taking sometime to load the city scenery, including the default scenery. I paused the sim and waited for everything to load. I then continued on and everything worked fine.

Jim