Author Topic: Flightbeam KIAD v3  (Read 3361 times)

drego22

Flightbeam KIAD v3
« on: October 30, 2019, 08:29:55 pm »
Hello Mr.Umberto and co, after using your awesome custom gates and installing the updated Flightbeam KIAD, since tis updated scenery now has SODE jetway, it now has two jetway where I placed yours, how can I correct this? Thank you very much in advance! Cheers!

Andre Chambers
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flightbeam KIAD v3
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:06:21 pm »
If you previously created a GSX L2 custom configuration for a scenery that didn't had SODE jetway, but now has been updated to include it, do as follows:

- Select "Customize Airport positions" from the Add-ons->GSX menu

- Click the "Select all parkings with jetways" button

- Select "No jetways" in the jetway tab.

- Press Apply and select "Restart Couatl" from the Add-on->Couatl Settings menu.

drego22

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 07:11:56 pm »
Will try this, thank you!👍
Andre Chambers

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 03:02:14 pm »
I'm using V3's SODE jetways until someone comes out with an updated GSX L2 file for the new version of IAD. However, GSX won't operate the SODE jetway - it says "no jetways here". What's going on?

drego22

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 06:16:14 pm »
I am having the same problem as the other user that sent a message in this post, it is saying no jetways
Andre Chambers

drego22

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 06:21:49 pm »
Is it possible for you all to place an option in the Jetway menu that this position has a SODE Active Jetway?
Andre Chambers

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 07:02:07 pm »
Is it possible for you all to place an option in the Jetway menu that this position has a SODE Active Jetway?

This shouldn't be necessary, as I have other 3rd party sceneries using SODE jetways instead of GSX L2 and they detect the XML files for SODE just fine. I think the issue is specific to this scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 12:49:29 pm »
This shouldn't be necessary, as I have other 3rd party sceneries using SODE jetways instead of GSX L2 and they detect the XML files for SODE just fine. I think the issue is specific to this scenery.

I confirm that's not necessary and, in fact, it won't even do anything because for non-GSX SODE jetways to be recognized by GSX, their gate names must be correctly specified with its exact, precise name following AFCAD standards, in the SODE XML file that comes with the scenery.

Earlier SODE versions were less strict, but later ones which connects to GSX, requires the naming to be exact, that's why some sceneries work and others might not.