Author Topic: Newly developed CTD whenever approaching or spawning at KORD  (Read 3388 times)

IAhawkeyeDDS

Newly developed CTD whenever approaching or spawning at KORD
« on: October 27, 2019, 03:23:12 pm »
As the title states.... this is a newly developed problem.  It seems to happen as something in the scenery is loading as the timing is always a little different in each instance.   But always I eventually end up with a CTD.  Sometimes all of the terminals load sometimes they don't.  Sometimes the Chicago area is a slide show (very low FPS) and then the CTD occurs.  Ran the Live Update a few days ago then again yesterday.  Not sure what has changed and is causing this new problem.  I found (APPDATA\Virtuali) and attached a couple log files made today.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Newly developed CTD whenever approaching or spawning at KORD
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 10:41:04 am »
Your log shows the simulator crashed on its own, and it MADE Chicago crash. It seems the simulator is getting lots of exception, and looks very similar to an old P3D bug of fake exceptions caused by other clients leaking into the wrong client, given the user the wrong impression an addon is faulty, when in fact it's another one.

Which add-ons have you installed recently ?

IAhawkeyeDDS

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 01:16:19 pm »
Recent additions are Pilots Ultimate Next Generation FTX mesh and MegaSceneryEarth Iowa and Wisconsin.  When I disable these addons in the library the CTD still occurs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 03:32:28 pm »
Recent additions are Pilots Ultimate Next Generation FTX mesh and MegaSceneryEarth Iowa and Wisconsin.  When I disable these addons in the library the CTD still occurs.

Disable every other addon you have in the Options->Addons menu except the Addon Manager, restart the sim and try again.

IAhawkeyeDDS

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 04:20:38 pm »
I did as you instructed with the addons.
https://i.postimg.cc/Wzd6DMBR/32-B857-C5-983-A-4-C26-89-F4-6-E0902-F99-F11.jpg  
Spawned at KORD, the airport loaded normally, and was able to fly around (default Alabeo) for about three minutes and then again got the CTD.  Prior to turning off other addons as you instructed the CTD was typically immediate after spawn— so this was progress (able to fly for a few minutes ).

I decided to give it another try... spawned at KORD and was able to fly normally for a few minutes ... then received this message ...
https://i.postimg.cc/vmGB2GHD/9-B6-AEEEC-4-DF4-4-EA9-98-AB-E62878-DEF6-D3.jpg
I saved the log (see attached)
After saving the log the system asked if I wanted to restart Couatl... I said yes... flew around for a minute then again got the CTD.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:37:22 pm by virtuali »

IAhawkeyeDDS

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 04:23:53 pm »
couatl.log attached....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 03:54:11 pm »
Prior to turning off other addons as you instructed the CTD was typically immediate after spawn— so this was progress (able to fly for a few minutes ).

This is the most important information. It's clear the previous exceptions were caused by one of the add-ons you removed, otherwise you wouldn't see any change.

Now, while you might have removed all the P3D4-native addons that installs using the add-on.xml method, it's possible you still have several addons using the legacy installation method of the DLL/EXE.XML files so, you should try by disabling these as well.

Check the following files, by opening them with a text editor, like Notepad:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\DLL.XML
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\EXE.XML

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\DLL.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\EXE.XML

And for each of these files, check which add-ons are installed and, for each of them, change the following line:

<Disable>False</Disable>

Into this:

<Disable>True</Disable>

This will disable all add-ons using the XML files. Be sure you repeat the process for all 4 files. Then check again KORD.

IAhawkeyeDDS

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 01:11:40 pm »
Well I think I got this one figured out.  I had added the VRS Superbug and TacPack about a month ago and set TacPack to always load with the simulator upon start.  I switched TacPack off and now stable flight around KORD for over an hour.

Thank you for your assistance!!!!