Author Topic: Need to register serial each time  (Read 1844 times)

TheRedBadger

Need to register serial each time
« on: May 25, 2023, 06:01:26 am »
For some reason, after a bunch of messes cleared up with my computer, the sim asks me to register ORD.

I was not sure what was up, so I decided to do a reinstall. First ORD was removed, then the addon manager, then I reinstalled ORD, then I re-installed the addon manager (1.9.2). Afterwards I register once the sim is running.

Unfortunately I get this error about being offline (it brings up esellerate which I thought was out of date now?) that I cannot circumnavigate correctly. If I back-out of these prompts, it says ORD is now registered along with the message about keys and registry , but then if I leave again and load FS2004, it prompts me again if I wish to register ORD.

I think there's an easy fix to this but, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the key isn't going to the right place? Why am I "offline"? Thank you

TheRedBadger

Re: Need to register serial each time
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 02:48:15 am »
Bump!

TheRedBadger

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 02:17:47 am »
Second bump.

This is annoying as everytime I use FS9 it prompts me if I would like to register ORD. It says it cannot connect to the servers to do so, I back out and it says it's "been activated". The key is there (I found it), but for some reason it requires a few extra steps for the sim to acknowledge it.

I try to deactivate and I cannot as it "cannot connect to the servers".

I'm afraid if I even touch any of my other FSDT sceneries I will end up with this problem x5.

I THINK it was Malwarebytes that caused some ruckus. It listed some esellerate registry as being infected, but, IIRC, I told it to ignore it, /not/ quarantine it. It's been over a month (my computer was infected badly with malware), I assume (hopefully) it's an easy fix where I just allow the installer somewhere on my computer access to the internet.

Note even with ORD uninstalled the sim still thinks I want to activate it...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 02:37:58 am by TheRedBadger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 08:23:44 pm »
You must download and install the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and install it as the LAST thing you do:

https://fsdreamteam.com/products_fs9.html

That one doesn't use Esellerate for new activations. It can't, because Esellerate closed in 2019, so there aren't any servers anymore, so the new software will activate on QLM/Soraco instead, which is the system we use now for all our products, and to which all existing orders and they keys has been migrated to.

Jon_aus

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 06:56:31 pm »
You must download and install the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and install it as the LAST thing you do:

https://fsdreamteam.com/products_fs9.html

That part in bold makes no sense.
I have the same problem for JFK. I have the old default terminal buildings at KORD. Such a mess with these sceneries.

And the installtion for the Stand-Alone Manager doesnt work. It wont install.