Author Topic: No basecolor showing up  (Read 1452 times)

JeanLuc_DUS

No basecolor showing up
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:24:59 pm »
Hey there! :)

I noticed a small bug since the last update:

When adding a custom handling texture, GSX is not showing any basecolors anymore. You just get to choose between the buttons "Okay" and "Cancel (No basecolor)". Thereafter the GSX Customization Tool shows "-- (missing) --" as Handler. When calling Ground Services, GSX is choosing, what looks like to be, a random non-full basecolor, but the correct, chosen texture.
I tried this at multiple airports and textures. The rules.cfg obviously does not show any selected basecolor. Editing it via "couatl.basecolor = [Color]" does not work either.

I thought a short clip would help to understand this issue a bit better: https://youtu.be/DaQ1TjSTNnM (44 sec, no audio)

No big deal, just wanted to let you guys know about this.
If you need any more information, just tell me.

Thank you!

Ekim

Re: No basecolor showing up
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:54:36 pm »
Yep, i'm trying to add a second handling to Iberia with red base and old logo but i can't make it work.

No base color selection, showing Missing as handler too.

JeanLuc_DUS

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 04:23:36 pm »
Okay, I found a possible temporary workaround for everyone having the same issue:

1. Add the texture normally via the GSX Customization Tool
2. Go to %APPDATA%\virtuali\GSX\texture\handling\ [YourNewHandler]; open "rules.cfg" and add the line "couatl.basecolor = [YourColor]"

[YourColor] being the basecolor you need (army_green, blue, cool_grey, cyan, full_blue, full_cool_grey, full_cyan, full_orange, full_red, full yellow, green, orange, red, yellow)

3. Install GSX again via the Setup from FSDT. Do not deinstall GSX, but just install the Setup over the GSX you already have.

The name of your new handler will now appear in the GSX Customization Tool. The handler has the correct basecolor you have chosen.

In addition, if you now add a new texture, the dialogue with the basecolor is back. But GSX still chooses a random color, until you install it again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 09:59:01 pm »
Yes, I can reproduce this, will be fixed in the next update. Yes, the workaround is fine.

JeanLuc_DUS

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 02:53:08 pm »
Awesome, thank you! :)