Author Topic: I do not understand how the pbr update works  (Read 1592 times)

LHD-AIDC

I do not understand how the pbr update works
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:12:00 pm »
Hi,

I have read through the custom operators section quite often now and still do not now why it does not work. First of all I have P3Dv4 and I do have the pbr update from summer. I have made entries for a few custom operators and also for existing one in the respective folders.

CUSTOM made ones in the catering and handling folder: the path from your documentation
[MunichHandling]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = DLH,DLHXX,ADR,ACA,AEE,AMC,ANA,AUA,AWE,USA,BMI,CCA,CTN,LGL,LOT,MSR,SAA,SAS,SIA,SWR,TAP,THA,UAL,COA,GWI,BAW,CFG
couatl.icaoprefixes = EDDM
couatl.basecolor = cyan

(basically I just copied the parking codes from the scenery T2G EDDM)

[ViennaHandling]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = AUA,AUAXX,DLH,SWR,BEL,TAP,SAS,LOT,LGL,MSR
couatl.icaoprefixes = LOWW
couatl.basecolor = full_yellow

and edited EXISTING ones in the respective ruels.cfg:
[AI]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = AI
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = red

[LH]
couatl.atc_parking_codes =
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = yellow

[LOT]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = LO
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = blue

[LUX]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = LG
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = cyan

[LX]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = LX
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = red

[MS]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = MS
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = blue

[OS]
couatl.atc_parking_codes =
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = red

[SK]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = SK
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = blue

[TAP]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = TP
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = green

Now when I am at FlyTampa´s Vienna Airport and I am requesting gsx services it mixes up fully yellow vehicles (as it should be in Vienna) with Munich Airport logos on it (as it should be in Munich but with the white-cyan coulor)

How on earth is that possible? As it was stated in your documentation: "To match an operator and the airports it’s allowed to be used, GSX uses a scoring system based on the ICAO codes of the airports. The more letters used here, the higher the score, up to a maximum of 4, which means the whole ICAO code is matched, so the operator is guaranteed to be used on an airport." A few lines below the manual says, that the possibility to add rules for custom and existing handling operators makes it much more easier to assign them to the correct airports as it is not required to manually set all parking positions from Default to the operator you want.

AND before you ask, I edited the existing ones in order to prevent them from appearing at any airport as these airlines normally have different handling operators.

Could you please help me?

EDIT: I do not have GSX Level 2 Expansion
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 04:20:19 pm by LHD-AIDC »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I do not understand how the pbr update works
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 01:12:32 pm »
It's not clear what do you mean with custom operators. Have you created new textures for them ? I'm asking, since it seems you re-created operators which were already included in GSX so, unless you wanted to *replace* the texture that comes with GSX, there wasn't any need to create custom operators to begin with.

Also, it's not clear what you are trying to achieve here. You seem to have created a custom operator for EDDM and another one for LOWW so, why you edited the rules.cfg to alter [AI], [LH], [LOT], [LUX], [LX], [MS], [OS], [SK] and [TAP] ? None of them, except LH, had any relationship with EDDM or LOWW.

If your goal was to have MunichHandling ( and nothing else ) at EDDM and ViennaHandling ( and nothing else ) at LOWS, you should have redefined these rules in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\texture\rules.cfg:

[Aerogate], [CFG], [EFM], [LH], [LOSCH] - removing EDDM there ( perhaps setting ED there ) to be replaced by your custom operator

[VIE] - removing LOWW there, to be replaced by your custom operator

Assuming, of course, you need to create a custom operator to begin with since, as you can see, GSX already came with those operators.

LHD-AIDC

Re: I do not understand how the pbr update works
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 03:43:00 pm »
It's not clear what do you mean with custom operators. Have you created new textures for them ? I'm asking, since it seems you re-created operators which were already included in GSX so, unless you wanted to *replace* the texture that comes with GSX, there wasn't any need to create custom operators to begin with.

Also, it's not clear what you are trying to achieve here. You seem to have created a custom operator for EDDM and another one for LOWW so, why you edited the rules.cfg to alter [AI], [LH], [LOT], [LUX], [LX], [MS], [OS], [SK] and [TAP] ? None of them, except LH, had any relationship with EDDM or LOWW.

If your goal was to have MunichHandling ( and nothing else ) at EDDM and ViennaHandling ( and nothing else ) at LOWS, you should have redefined these rules in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\texture\rules.cfg:

[Aerogate], [CFG], [EFM], [LH], [LOSCH] - removing EDDM there ( perhaps setting ED there ) to be replaced by your custom operator

[VIE] - removing LOWW there, to be replaced by your custom operator

Assuming, of course, you need to create a custom operator to begin with since, as you can see, GSX already came with those operators.

Thank you for clarification, I think I messed something up there. You are right, I wanted to only have my custom operators to operate at EDDM (MunichHandling) and LOWW (ViennaHandling). I will do it the way you wrote it and I would like to thank you for your help. :)