Author Topic: FS Crash  (Read 4866 times)

viennaman

FS Crash
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:51:50 pm »
Hi Folks,

i just came from EHAM to KORD - Short before the apporach - black screen and no chance to do anything - i had to turn of the whole computer. What can this problem be ?

MArek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:58:31 pm »
Nothing related to the scenery. You probably were using a memory hungry airplane (there are some that takes up to 1GB), and you likely exhausted the RAM. This is more likely to happen at the end of a flight.

You can try to patch FS9.EXE to allow more than 2GB, and Windows as well. Of course, providing you *have* more than 2GB...

Have a look here for instructions how to do this:

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239523&st=75&p=1526667&#entry1526667

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:31:44 am »
I´m too having problems almost everytime I arrive at KORD. It happens in short flights, such as departing from Las Vegas, Orlando and so on. The plane I use isn´t known as a memory hog, and in fact this problem doesn´t happen when arriving at other large airports, such as FSDT´s New York Kennedy and Las Vegas, even after a long haul (lots of hours flying). I´ve tried to change the priority of the sceneries, but to no avail.

Rgds,

WF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:28:15 am »
The fact that something appears at KORD, doesn't means the problem is caused by the KORD scenery.

Apart from RAM exhaustion, which is only one possible cause of a crash, another issue might be an AI airplane model with corrupted or missing textures, that can be found at KORD, but not at other places you went.

Other things might be the background scenery that has problems in this area. For example, here's a thread on Flight1's forum, of an user that had crashes at JFK that initially related to our scenery, but it turns out the solution was to remove a .BGL from UT USA:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=30236&PID=173758

You can also find some useful info about memory config by following that thread.