Author Topic: Couati Scripting Error  (Read 4360 times)

Bingo41

Couati Scripting Error
« on: October 14, 2019, 03:18:14 am »
Virtuali,

Experienced crash where the “Couatl Scripting Error” (Image A -- Couatl Scripting Error) message came up just as I was about to land on RWY28R KORD V2, stopping P3D V4.4 SP1 temporarily, and when I clicked on the “NO” button, the aircraft immediately jumped up to a higher altitude above the airport.

What I believe the problem may be due to, is that as I migrated thru P3D versions over the years (i.e., P3D V3 to P3D V4), the FSDreamTeam installation process changed from where the modules were previously installed in the C:\Root Directory folder , then to the newer XML file format in the Documents\Prepare3D V4 Add-ons Folder……my observation?

Attached are two file structure image files:

C:\Addon Manager Root Directory folder – For example, if you look at this Windows Root Directory, “C:\Addon Manager” folder (Image B – FSDT Files Root Directory), you will find the following files installed there; Couatl Update Manager, GSX Level Two Control Panel, Effects, FSDreamTeam Airport files, etc.

C:\Users\My System\Documents\Prepare3D V4 Add-ons folder -- If you look at “Documents\Prepare3D V4 Add-ons” folder (Image C – FSDT Files in Documents folder), you will see an FSDreamTeam Addon Manager folder, FSDreamTeam Airport Folders, etc.

Also, the “GSX Level Two Control Panel” does not work.

What I am asking, is how do I fix the Couatl Scripting Error, GSX Level Two Control Panel, and what seems to be a duplicate file structure (my observation) for FSDT scenery products?

It would seem to me, that I should probably uninstall all FSDT files, including GSX 1 & 2, delete folders, reboot, download Latest installers, and then re-install everything, your thoughts?

Bill Clark

PS - I hope my 3 files attach?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Couati Scripting Error
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 04:58:24 am »
Clicking yes and then posting the contents of that log file would be more useful.
Captain Kevin

Bingo41

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:28:33 pm »
I would have attached the log file except that I could not find it when I posted my problem.

Possibly you might know where it was written?

Bill Clark

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 11:22:40 pm »
In the first screenshot, you show a pop-up box. When you click yes, it would show up.
Captain Kevin

Bingo41

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 12:02:05 am »
The dialog box is long gone (afraid no screen shot possible), usually a log file is saved somewhere?

If you can't tell me where its location is, then you can't help me.

I keep hoping the Virtuali will jump in here some time, and advise me what to do next, given what I have described in my initial post. I have all, if not most of FSDreamTeams USA airports, and will continue to purchase more as they come out.

I believe my entire installation of FSDreamTeam products is not correct, or has been corrupted, unless you can tell me what to do next, instead of what I should have done, then this is not helpful!

Bill Clark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 12:16:06 am »
The dialog box is long gone (afraid no screen shot possible), usually a log file is saved somewhere?

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

Bingo41

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 08:46:25 pm »
Virtuali,

Sorry, I have been out of town on vacation for 5 days.

I tried attaching the couatl.err file but will not accept this format, so converted it to a text file.

I hope it attaches ok?

Bill Clark

Bingo41

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 04:16:25 pm »
Virtuali,

Looking through the forum, I realize I should have attached the couatl.err file in the form of a zip file......so here it is.

I know you are a busy person, but could you please take a look at my issue as I have stopped flying into any of my FSDreamTeam airports?

Bill Clark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 01:56:30 pm »
We are checking your error log.

Bingo41

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 05:45:09 pm »
Thanks, Virtuali

Bingo41

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 12:46:44 am »
Virtuali,

1) My first post about issue was made Oct 14th

2) You finally acknowledged receiving my error log Nov 4th

3) Today, Nov 16th there has been no response as to status or any kind of resolution?

Is it possible to hear back from you soon as to how to fix?

Bill Clark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 11:14:49 am »
The problem should be fixed in the next update which should be out soon.

Bingo41

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 11:50:36 pm »
Thanks for update.

Bill Clark