Author Topic: No Multiple PB waypoints after Update  (Read 3902 times)

torsten

No Multiple PB waypoints after Update
« on: October 11, 2019, 11:05:44 pm »
Hello,

i nstalled the Update from today ( 11.10 ) and want to try the Multiple waypoints, but there are no ???
After calling the Quick Edit Pushback, there are no such round blue curve points anymore, like i had in the previos version are only one.
see pic
Btw, also not in any other Mode for the PB Setup

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Multiple PB waypoints after Update
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:21:51 pm »
GSX manual, Page 50, close to the picture which shows how the custom pushback editor looks like now, says:

By default, when editing a Custom non-Snapped Pushback or a QuickEdit Pushback, the ending position will be placed straight back, without using any Corner nodes

And in the next pictures, it's explained how to add, remove and edit waypoints.

The reason why the pushback now defaults to zero Corner nodes, it's because the new algorithm has been improved to be able to figure it out automatically most of the easiest Left/Right pushback automatically without Corner nodes, so it will be even less affected by the underlying AFCAD and issues with it.

But of course, now you can add up to 9 points, even if you can do almost everything with much less.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 11:46:21 pm »
Yes, i found that out by trying ... but thanks anyway for explaining ! Really nice !

But one question stays.
With NUM1 and NUM3 i can turn the other vehicles.
Is it possible to implement this also for the pushback nodes ?

I hope i can explain good enough, that you can understand..
When you have a Spline ( sp_1 ) then the curve is not optimal. But by editing the Spline ( sp_2 ) you can have a optimal curve.
In pic p_1 you can see the problematic PB in EDDP P421.
The first node must be at this position, otherwise the pb path looks like in p_2.

If we could "turn" the first PB Node, maybe you can programm a "change" of the path.
Sorry , i dont know how to explain it better and hope you can understand what i mean and how i mean that?
Otherwiese let me know and i will gry to explain better anyhow. :-)

Or have you any Tip , how to set up this pushback?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 11:53:53 pm »
Is it possible to implement this also for the pushback nodes ?

No, that's not how they work, and even if they did, it's not needed, since you can do that by simply positioning them.

You must understand those are not "just" splines which can be checked or compared to any standard spline-visualization software. Those are a SIMULATION of the *actual* pushback mechanics, which it's not a simple spline with control points, it's the result of taking into account the airplane wheelbase, the towbar length (if there is one), and the tow truck wheelbase too. That's why they cannot be treated as plain splines, but this way, you are 100% sure that what you'll see is what you'll get. Assuming, of course, you are going to perform the pushback with the same airplane + tow truck you used in Preview.

Or have you any Tip , how to set up this pushback?

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve, please clarify. And, Page 51 of the manual has an example at EDDP 402, which uses just ONE node, and doesn't seem very different what you are trying to do.

In fact, it looks *exactly* as you wanted it to be in your past post about EDDP 402, I chose that example for a reason...

If you are trying to do something different here, then please clarify.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 11:58:29 pm by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 11:54:38 pm »
I have a better example.

In the attached pic you see the red marked path should not be.
Now, if it could be possible to "turn" the Node No.2 , the blue dots should be the correct path.

Would that be possible ?

We posted at the same time...

I see the example in the manual, but here you push to the Centerline, not on the Orange/Blue Line, which is used for narrow bodie Aircrafts in EDDP
But the Path looks very good, no question !
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 11:58:45 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 12:00:03 am »
Ok, you just wanted the last segment to be more straight.

See my previous reply of a very similar pushback route, in the "Pushback Examples" at Page 51, the first one is EDDP 402, looks very similar to what you are asking, and uses just a single node.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 12:11:52 am »
Here's a possible solution for 421 on the orange line.

torsten

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 12:26:50 am »
Very nice, i tried and it works perfect like this.
Also in TNCM Gate 4 it works perfekt...thanks

BTW, it is also a very very hard example. In real the narrows are pushed and then Towed forward.
But as you explained, it will be implemented in a future version. ( see pic )

But please please, can you add the option to disable the question about to start the engines please, really, for me it is very very anojing.

Thanks