Author Topic: ATC voices  (Read 2268 times)

Larty737

ATC voices
« on: September 29, 2019, 08:33:44 am »
Hello developers,
I have been using GSX for some time now in my 737 cockpit setup. I find it adds a deal of realism that surprises all those who come into the cockpit.
However.... All the voices for Ground, ATC and ATIS are Americanized and use the American terminology. This does not sound very convincing when flying out of my home airport YPPH in Perth Western Australia. I would suspect it would be the same for British and European simmers. In fact most of the world outside of the USA. (Terms like "traffic pattern" and "straight in approach" are not used outside the US.) ;D
Would there be any thought of the team giving the option of "English" or "American" voices and terminology used for this product?  It would go a long way to soothing our ears!!

Thank you in advance
Regards
Les Taylor
Perth
Western Australia

Michael1

Re: ATC voices
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 06:21:27 pm »
I don't think that ATIS and Ground controllers are in the purview of GSX; The voices for pushback are solely for use with the GSX utility. All the ATC is part of FSX/P3D, I believe?
Cheers!

Beat578

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 06:34:55 am »
Yes, GSX has no ATC implemented. You only hear GSX during pushback and deicing. The different dialects are made for those.
Beat578

rcoultas62

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 01:23:16 am »
Hi Les,

Check out editvoicepack.com - while it doesn’t actually change the dialect, it does add more variations in the number of voices, and lets you choose between FAA or ICAO phraseology. Along with some other nice features, it just might be what you’re looking for.

And no.... I am not affiliated in any way with Editvoicepack. I’m just your everyday simmer.

-Randall
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:24:57 am by rcoultas62 »