Author Topic: Alternating Tree Textures  (Read 8885 times)

donja

Alternating Tree Textures
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:20:51 pm »
Trees on the airport grounds are alternating between green summer-looking trees, and white snow-covered trees.  They change about once per second, almost like flashing Christmas tree lights.

I have all of the FSDT airports, and I know I've seen this in at least one of the others, but O'Hare was my most recent flight.  These airports are the only places I'm seeing this.

I'm pretty selective about the software I install for FSX (don't throw a lot of files at it), I follow instructions for what I do install, and I don't tinker with what I have installed  ...i.e. I don't think I've done anything to screw it up, but who knows?

Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Alternating Tree Textures
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:26:14 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem so far, not at least in the same way as you are describing.

But, in general, whenever a problem with trees happens, is usually due to having installed a 3rd party vegetation texture sets, or something like that.

donja

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 03:21:16 am »
I'll check some more to see if there was something I recently added that I'm forgetting about.  I hadn't seen anyone post with a similar problem but was hoping someone may have run across this and found a simple solution.  I'm really enjoying these airports by the way.

Don

donja

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 03:37:09 am »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=588.0

If it helps, this thread has a picture and describes my situation exactly.  In the sim, the white comes and goes to create a flashing effect.  I'm running with the current date (September) so FSX sees that as fall.  But I had also seen it a number of times in August which would still be summer. 

It looks like they replaced their original AP_KORD file with an updated one and that solved their problem.  I assume they're talking about the .bgl file.  Mine is dated 6/12/2008 which is more recent than this thread. 

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:48:24 am »
The only way the AFCAD could affect this, is some problem with exclusion zone. And, if you have some other scenery on top of O'Hare. Have you tried to move O'Hare on top of the scenery library ?

If you have downloaded the installer recently, your AFCAD should be newer then the one referenced in that thread so, it should be ok.

donja

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:33:51 pm »
I went through all of the FSDT airports, including KORD to see if the problem would come up again and of course, it didn't, which is fine.  I did have the same problem at either Geneva or Zurich a while back, but everything was fine on this run through.  I've moved KORD to the top of the scenery list.  Hopefully that will be the end of the flashing trees.  Thanks for your help!

Don

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 12:13:16 am »
I have the exact trees issues in KORD airport installed in FSX. After opening Add-on Manager and without any changes, closing addon manager the trees becomes normal as they should. Is it something from addon manager? How to fix the trees?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 12:41:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 12:41:29 am »
We'll check this.

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 04:17:36 am »
We'll check this.

Any progress with lag spikes from FSX KORD trees fixing?

trisho0

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 03:38:41 am »
We'll check this.

Will the FSDT Live Update fix the blinking trees or still under testing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 08:18:35 am »
We'll check this, as soon we have some time left from working at other products.

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 01:02:50 am »
We'll check this, as soon we have some time left from working at other products.

Reminding to see if any progress ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 10:20:48 am »
Have you tried the latest Live Update now ?