Author Topic: Any reason why my frames are going crazy?  (Read 4286 times)

caribbeanflyboy

Any reason why my frames are going crazy?
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:45:00 am »
Hey,

I'm on a HP-DV 4 laptop with an intel core duo 2 processor, Mobile Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family.0 and was wondering is you all would have any idea why the JFK scenery is sticking....ive got several other sceneries installed and they work fine. So before i got any others, i downloaded the FLL trial scenery and the same happens sticking frame rate occurs....

Any help to relieve the sticking frame rates would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any reason why my frames are going crazy?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:03:14 am »
Any help to relieve the sticking frame rates would be appreciated.

I'm not sure to understand what do you mean with "sticking"...

If you have erratic fps or stuttering, you can try the texture resizer available here. The reaons is, JFK texture resolution is simply too high for FS9 to handle (how many airport sceneries out there have 120MB+ of textures?), especially while loading, since FS9 is not able to load them without stalling the simulation, which doesn't happen in FSX that supports multi-core.

Also, there might be a specific issue on laptop computers: if your system is becoming too hot, because the CPU and graphic card are working too much (is your fan working more with FS9 running ?), the Speed Step technology might kick in so your CPU will clocked down in order not to burn itself.