Author Topic: ATC assigns runways not aligned with wind  (Read 3337 times)

NBouc

ATC assigns runways not aligned with wind
« on: October 02, 2019, 05:41:26 am »
I hope someone can help me identify what is causing this. I have been enjoying KORDv2 for the last 3 weeks but every time I depart from or arrive at KORD v2, P3D assigns a runway opposite to what the surface wind dictates (To myself as well as AI traffic). For example:
- with surface wind of 220 at 25 Kts, ATC directs traffic to runways 04s, 09s and 10s even though the ATIS reports the correct wind. ASP4 suggests 28R
- with surface wind of 040 at 15 Kts, ATC directs traffic to runways 22s, 27s and 28s even though the ATIS reports the correct wind. ASP4 suggests 10L

No matter what the wind direction is, it always results in a tail wind operation. I am using P3Dv4.5 HF2 (but it was also happening with HF1), ASP4 for Wx and UTLive for AI. KORD is up to date (v1.2 installer as of Oct. 1st 2019) but the problem was also present with previous KORDv2 version. I did not find any other KORD AFCAD file on my system beside the one from FSDT.

Other scenery files I have in this area are ORBX Global Base, Global Vector and ORBX OLC NA. fsAerodata is also installed (with current AIRAC subscription) but at the lowest priority (below all my addon airports). I tried reloading the weather, resetting AI traffic, but with the same result. It is not a matter of delayed weather processing where the AI/ATC engine would assign a runway before receiving the correct weather.

I don't know what else to check. Any idea someone ?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:38:43 pm by NBouc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ATC assigns runways not aligned with wind
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 03:30:18 pm »
Check the latest Live Update, it includes a fix for the xwind runways.

NBouc

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 09:34:17 pm »
Thank you Umberto, it now works fine with the latest update to the ADEX. I tested with different wind directions and the runway assignment is now logical and in accordance with the wind direction.

KampfHase

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 09:42:44 pm »
Umberto, can you please tell me how you fixed it? I have similar problems at other airports and am searching for a solution to this. No matter how I set the wind, it’s always the same runway, although all are open for landing and takeoff, and correct x-wind runways are present.

Thank you!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:24:01 pm »
Umberto, can you please tell me how you fixed it? I have similar problems at other airports and am searching for a solution to this. No matter how I set the wind, it’s always the same runway, although all are open for landing and takeoff, and correct x-wind runways are present.
Did you run the Live Update like he said?
Captain Kevin

KampfHase

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 12:33:17 am »
Other airports. Not FSDT. I please like to know what was done to fix this problems. Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 05:12:04 pm »
Other airports. Not FSDT. I please like to know what was done to fix this problems. Thank you

Be sure all runways (normal and xwind) are ordered by heading, and spaced from each other no more than 7.8 degrees.

When the runway list is displayed in ADE, you can drag & drop a runway to reorder it. Don't click the small down arrow to "sort" by heading, that's just a visualization thing. Drag & drop the runway line is the only thing that control the actual sorting in the compiled .BGL. Compile the file immediately after rearranging the runways, to be sure the correct order is used.