Author Topic: KORD V2 Information Displays - No GSX Specific Data  (Read 4376 times)

StumpJumper

KORD V2 Information Displays - No GSX Specific Data
« on: October 02, 2019, 03:56:11 am »
The information displays on my installation of KORD V2 are not displaying integrated GSX data (refueling requested, % baggage loaded, number of passengers loaded, etc.).  Is there a setting to enable these displays?  Windows 7 64-bit, P3DV4.5 HF2,  GEFORCE RTX2070 OC 8GB NVIDIA GPU, GSX, FSDT update successfully ran this afternoon, PMDG 737.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD V2 Information Displays - No GSX Specific Data
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:07:18 pm »
Be sure you haven't checked the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager.

StumpJumper

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 06:00:17 pm »
Thanks...
The "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager IS NOT checked.
During boarding, refueling and passenger loading the display board changes 3 times as indicated in the attached screenshots.
After catering service is completed, no green bar is displayed indicating so (not accompanied by a "ding" sound).  The catering service vehicles will remain forever until I realize the service is completed and shut the right side doors.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »
After catering service is completed, no green bar is displayed indicating so (not accompanied by a "ding" sound).  The catering service vehicles will remain forever until I realize the service is completed and shut the right side doors.
You only get the ding sound when you first open the door for deboarding and then again after boarding is complete. You don't get it any other time.
Captain Kevin

StumpJumper

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 12:16:52 am »
Throughout the entire boarding, catering, and refueling process, the display only shows the data in the three screen shots attached previously.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:41:47 am »
Do you recall having one ( or two, on both sides ) AI exactly close to your parking spot ? From your screenshot, it looks like the panel thought there was an AI in your place, so it's not showing GSX indications, because those are reserved for your airplane only.

In any case, it's entirely normal that, on a parking that has a panel, GSX would "silence" most of its green text message: they would instead appear on the Panel, which greater realism and immersion.

Try in a place where there are no AI close, and see if it works. If it does, we can probably tweak the AI search range a bit, to prevent the problem.

StumpJumper

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 06:52:14 pm »
The only AI package I use is FLAI which injects models of nearby aircraft when connected to VATSIM.  I was not connected to VATSIM and no AI aircraft was present either side.

I conducted tests today at three gate locations: B9, C17 and K10 (again, no AI present).  Results were the same in that the display boards alternated between Temp/Press, LAT/LONG, Gate (Flight Plan) data.  No GSX specific data was presented on the boards.  Of note: Green bar notifications were presented for most GSX actions EXCEPT no green bar or audible advisory was presented to open or close doors.

Sequence of events follows (GSX Assistance Services Auto Mode was used)-only three screenshots attached.  More available, but I thought of little value to include in this post:

1. Request boarding
2. Green Bar - Refueling Services Requested
3. Green Bar - Catering Services Requested
4. Green Bar - Boarding Passengers Now (could wait forever as no audible or visible notification to open doors provided)
5. Open Doors
6. Green Bar - Pilots Boarded
7. Green Bar - Baggage Loading %
8. Green Bar - Crew Boarded
9. Green Bar - Number of Passengers Loaded (i.e. 1/119, etc.)
10. Green Bar - Fuel Trucks In Position
11. Green Bar and Beep - Advises to use aircraft systems to enter fuel amount
12. Green Bar - Boarding Completed (could wait forever as no audible or visible notification to close doors provided)
13. Close Doors
14. Green Bar - Catering Services Completed
15. Fueling Services Completed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 02:11:14 pm »
The only AI package I use is FLAI which injects models of nearby aircraft when connected to VATSIM.  I was not connected to VATSIM and no AI aircraft was present either side.

I conducted tests today at three gate locations: B9, C17 and K10 (again, no AI present).  Results were the same in that the display boards alternated between Temp/Press, LAT/LONG, Gate (Flight Plan) data.  No GSX specific data was presented on the boards.  Of note: Green bar notifications were presented for most GSX actions EXCEPT no green bar or audible advisory was presented to open or close doors.

I'm sorry but, I think you DO have AI problem like conflicting files, for example a traffic.bgl file with AI invisible for some reason, or something else that plays with AI because, what your screenshot shows, is there's an AI on that gate, that is supposed to go from KORD to KIAH, it's in the "Init" state, because it hasn't received a flightplan yet, and there's not ETD for the same reason.

This kind of data happens when an AI program injects traffic, so their schedules are not known until a flight plan is sent to the AI.  However, KORD is surely compatible with that method, which works correctly with UT Live for example, with the only downside of not showing the ETD, but it otherwise works perfectly.

In your case, instead, your own parking results being taken by an AI. Nobody has ever reported this problem before so, it must be related to your AI program.

StumpJumper

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 02:56:56 pm »
The KORD to KIAD route is a flight plan I loaded into the P3D Flight Planner for this test, not from AI - thus the display on the board.  I'll check with the FLAI folks but I seriously doubt that it's the issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 03:48:40 pm »
The KORD to KIAD route is a flight plan I loaded into the P3D Flight Planner for this test, not from AI - thus the display on the board.

When you have a flight plan loaded for your own airplane, it will only show "Gate B11 KORD->KIAD" with an empty line below. Instead, when it's an AI, the 2nd line will show the AI status and the ETD, which in you case was "INIT ETD in 0.0 min", because the AI haven't got a flight plan yet.

I tried it just now, first by loading a flight plan with the default flight planner from KORD to KIAD, and asked for GSX Boarding. The panel started by showing only "Gate B11 KORD->KIAD" (2nd line empty, as it should), then as soon as I called Deboarding, it changed into "Boarding requested", and then "GSX waiting doors", with the doors it was waiting for in the 2nd line.

StumpJumper

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 05:23:35 pm »
FWIW the reply from the FLAI folks:

"No, FLAi does not inject any aircraft into the Sim. It is simply a collection of models and paints that is use by vPilot. vPilot is the application that places the aircraft."

vPilot was not started during my tests either, so I don't think that's the issue.

I'm sure it's something simple, but it seems this thread is at an end unless you have any more suggestions.

If there are others experiencing the same issue, maybe they will identify so by adding to this post.  Otherwise, it appears I'm the only one running vPilot with FLAI on VATSIM that is experiencing the issue at KORD V2...hard to believe.

Thanks for your effort.