Author Topic: Short Question...  (Read 12701 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Short Question...
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 09:29:31 am »
Also i wonder a bit, why the other AI Vehicles using the correct "streets" on the Airport and not the Taxiways ( without adding Vehicle lines )
If it's the traffic that came with the scenery, it's because the scenery developer designed that traffic, so they could set it up that way. The default AI and GSX vehicles wouldn't know where the roads are in the scenery without the AFCAD because a texture is just a texture. That road texture could easily be something else.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 11:35:57 am »
Also i wonder a bit, why the other AI Vehicles using the correct "streets" on the Airport and not the Taxiways ( without adding Vehicle lines )

Which AI vehicles ? The default ground traffic ? They will use the vehicle paths, exactly like GSX, if they exists.

The only difference is, the might not use taxiways under any conditions and might just not appear, or might be able to appear on your previous closed/unconnected loop, because not all of them needs to reach your parking, and you wouldn't mind if they didn't.

While GSX vehicles, which MUST reach your parking (and you WOULD mind if they didn't), are correctly trying to find every possible route (again, with a big bias into using CONNECTED vehicle paths), including taxiways and even runways, if nothing else is available.

torsten

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 12:26:43 pm »
hmm, then it is in my sim different.
Also BEFORE i add the Vehicle path in the AFCAD, the default AI uses the "streets" on the Airport and not the Taxiways.
Its a scenery from Digital Design. Meybe they did a good job with the AI?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 01:02:57 pm »
Its a scenery from Digital Design. Meybe they did a good job with the AI?

Are you sure they are default ground vehicles and not, for example, custom ground traffic made by the scenery itself ? We have our own custom ground traffic on many of our sceneries, and we use our own paths, which are not related to the AFCAD.

torsten

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 01:46:44 pm »
no, i am not sure about that. Thats the reason why i informed you about that i have installed EDDP from Digital Design.

I will have a look at a airport without a scenery installed to see the path there.

torsten

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 04:16:38 pm »
i have loaded the sim in KORD, no scenerie installed !
Here is the video where you can see that the Truck ( AI ) is taking the street and not the Taxiways:

&feature=youtu.be

i dont know why the video is flickering. Normally i did not record any videos from the sim, so it was my first time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 06:02:54 pm »
Here is the video where you can see that the Truck ( AI ) is taking the street and not the Taxiways:

Of course it's using a vehicle path and not taxiways: the default scenery DOES have vehicle paths so, both default AI or GSX vehicles will use it. Have you seen GSX vehicles using taxiways on *that* scenery ?

torsten

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 06:07:05 pm »
That is possible.

I dont test GSX there.
What Airport do you prefer to test if there are vehicle paths or not ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 06:15:35 pm »
What Airport do you prefer to test if there are vehicle paths or not ?

As I've said, so many times already, GSX vehicles WILL use vehicle paths, when they exists so, if you want to be sure of that, why not checking precisely on that default airport which you just checked with default ground vehicles ?

If the scenery doesn't have any vehicle paths, or they are not connected in a way that can reach your parking, you can be sure GSX will use whatever necessary to reach your parking, even taxiways, that's exactly what is supposed to do.

torsten

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 06:34:04 pm »
why not checking precisely on that default airport which you just checked with default ground vehicles ?

?? The one you see in the video IS a default ground vehicle !
Also i checked the AFCAD of THIS airport ( which is a default one ) and there are NO vehicle Path's in the AFCAD !!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 01:57:40 pm »
?? The one you see in the video IS a default ground vehicle !

And that's why you should have tested the same airport with *GSX* vehicles, to prove you (since you apparently don't believe what has been explained to you over and over) GSX vehicles WILL follow vehicle paths, if they exists.

I really don't know what you are trying to prove or say. First you show a 3rd party scenery with no vehicle paths, complaining GSX vehicles go over taxiways (the obviously do, in that case), then you added vehicle paths in the wrong way, and after I explained you what was the problem, you show a *default* airport which DOES have vehicle paths, tested only with *default* vehicles ? Of course they work, but the same would have happened with GSX vehicles as well, which you haven't tested THERE.

Do you understand, or not, what makes all the difference, is how the AFCAD is made ( or *badly* made ) ?

Also i checked the AFCAD of THIS airport ( which is a default one ) and there are NO vehicle Path's in the AFCAD !!

I don't know what I you did to check this, or what you opened. But it can assure you the default AFCAD for the default KORD DOES have vehicle paths. How do you expect vehicles following the correct paths otherwise ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:02:32 pm by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 04:01:17 pm »
i will tell you, that the default vehicles are using the STREETS EVEN if there are no vehicle path in the AFCAD !

So the question is why GSX vehicles need vehicle paths in the AFCAD and default vehicles not.

Ps.: Also in EDDP with the Digital Design Scenery and WITHOUT VEHICLE PATH in the AFCAD, the default vehicles are using the
Streets and not the (only) the Taxiways.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 04:05:19 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 01:48:21 pm »
i will tell you, that the default vehicles are using the STREETS EVEN if there are no vehicle path in the AFCAD !

No, they wont.  This is clearly indicated in your video at default KORD, which was supposed to "prove" they could use the vehicle paths without vehicle paths, but in fact proved my point, since default KORD DOES have vehicle paths in the AFCAD.

So the question is why GSX vehicles need vehicle paths in the AFCAD and default vehicles not.

As I've said, so many times already, BOTH default and GSX vehicles requires vehicle paths in the AFCAD.

Also in EDDP with the Digital Design Scenery and WITHOUT VEHICLE PATH in the AFCAD, the default vehicles are using the Streets and not the (only) the Taxiways.

As I've said already, if the scenery doesn't have vehicle paths in the AFCAD, those you are seeing are not default ground vehicles, they are likely custom ground traffic which have their own path definitions outside the AFCAD, a common technique we used at several of our sceneries too, to get better control over them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 02:17:42 pm »
Two screenshots to finally prove you what I'm trying to explain.

This is Digital Design's EDDP, in the first screen, the small Van is following the vehicle paths, because it's CUSTOM made for the scenery (it has EDDP logo, so it's clearly not default ), so it must use its own custom method to follow that path, WITHOUT using the AFCAD.

In the 2nd screen, the baggage belt loader it's a custom object provided by the scenery (it also has an Liepzig airport livery, even if it's not easy to see), so it's following the vehicle path.

The blue snow plower truck, instead, it's a *default* Ground vehicle, so it uses the AFCAD and, guess what, it's running over a taxiway!, exactly like a GSX vehicle would, because default ground vehicles require Vehicle Paths in the AFCAD, just as GSX ones, and the airport doesn't have any.

I hope you are satisfied now and please, don't you think we should KNOW of ground traffic (and its interaction with the AFCAD ) work, having done this for the past 7 years ?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:19:33 pm by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2019, 02:37:00 pm »
yes, thats the reason, why i send you pictures from a default airport, where no scenery is installed.
And as you see, also on this airport the default vehicles are using the streets and not the taxiways ( only )
I show that to you.

Why are you showing pictures from EDDP WITH DD Scenery installed.
I know there are vehicles made by DD .