Author Topic: Short Question...  (Read 12572 times)

torsten

Short Question...
« on: October 01, 2019, 10:34:48 pm »
Hello,

since it is not allowed for service Vehicle ( like Fuel Truck, Px Bus, Belly Trruck and so on ) to drive on the
Taxi lines, is it possible to let them drive on the correct ways ? ( streets )

GT

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Short Question...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:28:38 am »
The vehicles are driving based on what is available in the AFCAD. So, if vehicle roads aren't available in the AFCAD, they'll end up driving on the taxiway instead.
Captain Kevin

torsten

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 02:40:17 am »
hmm, what about reading the correct "streets" from the corresponding bgl files ?

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 07:10:18 am »
It will if they are there. But a lot of BGL / AFCAD don't have them. So GSX has to switch to what's available.
You can use the afcad editor to add them yourself if the not there as far as I know, but i never tried that.
Beat578

torsten

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 09:42:31 am »
adding taxiways to the Afcad?
I think then the AI Aircrafts will take these :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:16:12 pm »
hmm, what about reading the correct "streets" from the corresponding bgl files ?

What do you mean with "streets" ? Vector streets are only for the road traffic, and are usually outside the airport, so GSX won't use them, and it would be wrong if it did.

For ground vehicles at airports, there's a PROPER kind of path, which is NOT a taxiway, and it's the "vehicle" path, which is displayed in pink in ADE. GSX vehicles will use those by preference, giving them more weight so, even if the path is longer than taking a taxiway, they will still prefer the vehicle paths.

Obviously, if the scenery AFCAD doesn't contain any of these paths, or they are not connected correctly, or there aren't any close to the parking you are being serviced on, GSX should still trying to use SOME kind of path, otherwise you'll see vehicles cutting through grass to reach you directly. So, when nothing else is available, GSX will use taxiways, and even runways, even not even a taxiway can be used.

torsten

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 01:58:23 pm »
I have no idea of AFCAD editing , but it seams there are no such vehicle path's in most of the AFCAD's
because most of the time, the vehicles are using the taxiways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 02:28:15 pm »
I have no idea of AFCAD editing , but it seams there are no such vehicle path's in most of the AFCAD's because most of the time, the vehicles are using the taxiways.

The correct way of saying this would be "there are no such vehicle path's in most of the AFCAD's of the 3rd party sceneries I tried", because they surely are in all default scenery, and we also usually take care to place them in our own sceneries, because of the issues they can cause to GSX, which users mistakenly assuming GSX vehicles are crazy because they drive on taxiways when they shouldn't.

Of course, if you enabled default Airport Ground Traffic, they would also drive on taxiways (or might not even appear), on an airport missing vehicle paths so, it's not 3rd party developers should do a proper AFCAD "just" to suit GSX. They should do it regardless, if only to have the default ground vehicles working correctly.

torsten

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 02:46:40 pm »
i have added some Vehicle Links to the Afcad and compiled it.
but also the gsx vehicles taking the taxi links.
Are the vehicle links wrong positioned ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 03:08:24 pm »
Are the vehicle links wrong positioned ?

Yes, you failed to add connecting nodes to the parking spots, so they are like a closed circuit by themselves. There must be nodes in the places were the vehicle path crosses the apron link path, so the parking spots are reachable from the vehicle parking. Obviously, they vehicle path should start from a parking of the "vehicle" kind as well, which is what GSX will use ( again, by preference ) to start vehicles from.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 03:11:27 pm by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »
ahh, i see.

is it possible to set up the point where, as example for refueling, the fuel truck comes from?
how is the start position calculated by gsx ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 07:17:19 pm »
is it possible to set up the point where, as example for refueling, the fuel truck comes from?

Of course, by placing a parking of the "Fuel" type. Which should also be connected to the same network of the other vehicle paths and, by extension, to the parking spots.

torsten

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 09:36:51 pm »
ahh, ok thanks

sorry, but the bus and the trucks with the containers/bags starts where ?

Beat578

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 07:09:21 am »
The bus starts at the closest parking spot defined. If there is none, at the closest fuel truck parking, as far as I know.
Beat578

torsten

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 08:56:36 am »
thats the reason why i must wait always a long time for the bus.
When i am in EDDP P402, the bus starts at P428 or 430.

Is that the nearst Parking to start for the bus ??

Also i wonder a bit, why the other AI Vehicles using the correct "streets" on the Airport and not the Taxiways ( without adding Vehicle lines )