Author Topic: Prepar3d v4.5 HF 2  (Read 4320 times)

Sabretooth78

Prepar3d v4.5 HF 2
« on: September 28, 2019, 04:31:02 am »
Found this error at KJFK today after upgrading to hotfix 2.  It was repeatable, and then went away when I moved back to hotfix 1.

HF1:  Select gate 508 - correct location:
http://sabretooth78.east.freepgs.com/FSX/KJFKHF1.jpg

HF2:  Select gate 508 - incorrect location approx. 3000 feet southeast.  If AI planes are on, they are all mislocated similarly.
http://sabretooth78.east.freepgs.com/FSX/KJFKHF2.jpg

A scan of my scenery config with SimpleAirportScanner revealed that the only KJFK files I have active are the two FSDT files (the AFCAD and the Canarsie Approach) and an fsAeroData entry.  Deactivating fsAeroData didn't solve the problem.  Granted, I didn't have time to do an extensive check to see if this was occurring elsewhere, but I was able to check a handful of both stock and add-on airports and this was the only one with the issue evident.

Has anybody else experienced this?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:28:14 am by virtuali »

lerbech

Re: Prepar3d v4.5 HF 2
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 03:03:04 pm »
I don't think KJFK V2 is compatible with v4.5 and not HF2. When I'm trying, all traffic is scattered allover the airport (which is not the case with for example KORD V2). As you indicate it's something to do with the afcad. In v4.4 it works a bit better, but you will still have planes parked a it strange (GA large is GA small and some of the GA small is now medium or large), but at least at the gates and not allover the tarmac and green areas.

Suggest: Downgrade to 4.4 until further.

Jan

Sabretooth78

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »
For me, it works fine under HF 1.  But yes, I get AI aircraft scattered all over the place (when its turned on; one of my pictures was just after a reinstall, so AI aircraft weren't turned up).  If you look at them, you'll note they're in the right arrangement with respect to the gates, just offset about 3000 feet to the southeast (145 degrees +/-). I was able to measure this by loading the AFCAD in ADE and measuring.  Essentially it seems the gate location is getting misread.  If you select a runway starting position, however, it'll still put you in the right place.

A few occasions on HF 2 it seemed to load OK, out of maybe 10 attempts.  Certainly not a good enough percentage to be able to run with.  I do have a competitor's KJFK I could use but I prefer this one, even if it's missing the newer T5 gates.  :)

lerbech

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 05:08:30 pm »
I reinstalled Prepar3d yesterday and downloaded the latest version which I believe must be HF2. I don't hink I can find 4.5 HF1 anymore. Anyway: As mentioned I had the same strange behavior of the AI traffic.

Jan

srcooke

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 05:53:54 pm »
Something weird going on with HF2.

I had disabled FS Aerodata which resolved shift issues at any airport but am seeing the same shift here.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 11:10:56 am »
Something weird going on with HF2.

Yes, it seems HF2 doesn't support well the Approaches in a separate AFCAD of the airport, which it's an entirely legitimate method (so I guess you'll have the same issues in other places too). Run the FSDT Live Update now, to get updated AFCADs which keeps all together.

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 12:28:25 pm »
Thanks Umberto, JFK is fixed here.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

Sabretooth78

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 09:54:05 pm »
Same here.