Author Topic: No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**  (Read 10940 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »
I have no idea of the code inside the sim but, obviously, I would expect FSX should be able to deal with an FSX-native file, and the KLAX FSDT certainly is. But again, haven't you already tested you have the issue even with FSDT KLAX removed ?

Perhaps you just discovered a bug in the old FSX not being able to handle properly Backcourse ILS. I wouldn't be surprised of this, FSX:SE fixed many small bugs like that, and if you use FSX-SP2 (instead of FSX+Acceleration) there are far more serious bugs in the rendering left there, which of course nobody will ever fix.

Surely not a reason enough for us to create a purposely inaccurate scenery that surely works with the latest simulators, just to side step possible bugs of a 13 old sim.

mseder

Re: No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 02:10:55 pm »
"But again, haven't you already tested you have the issue even with FSDT KLAX removed ?"
Yes, not an FSDT issue

"Perhaps you just discovered a bug in the old FSX not being able to handle properly Backcourse ILS."
That seems to be as close I can get to an explanation after googling around and after some dialogs with people with experience.

"Surely not a reason enough for us to create a purposely inaccurate scenery"
Of course not.

Have you people any input to Flight Simulator 2020 and what that might mean in regards to AddOns etc?