Author Topic: No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**  (Read 10944 times)

mseder

Re: No ILS KLAX
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 07:38:23 pm »
All uninstalls and installs done, folders looks correct and airports Active, thank you.

I know this isn't your concern but this KLAX issue really annoys me.
With no Addons installed still the same issue. It identifies the frequency and gives me a correct DME bot no ILS bars in sight except for the localizer which is hanging on one side all the time regardless me passing the course line. As soon I change it to e.g. rwy 6R both bars kicks in and works.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 08:39:50 pm »
 Have you by any chance updated your navdata by https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

I have heard that this can cause all sorts of nasty issues similar to what you are experiencing.

mseder

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 11:39:26 pm »
Thanks for that suggestion, I ran and installed the latest Navigraph cycle on all my AddOns, no change

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 05:49:41 am »
No, that won't do it. It's using the data that I linked above that can cause weird things to happen. Updating Navdata doesn't change scenery files in the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 09:54:16 am »
With no Addons installed still the same issue.

I was quite sure KLAX didn't had anything to do with it.

mseder

Re: No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 02:43:46 pm »
This is my testresults which actually reveals that for the runways in error it catches the ILS for a runway in the opposite direction.
Each frequency only works for ONE Runway. This also explains why I don't get the glideslope for those in error.
Anyone getting an idea?

What differs your FSX from mine Virtuali?
( Well I'm not the only one with KLAX and this problem https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/622954747294367205/)

RWY   STATUS   FREQ   STATION-ID Received
--------------------------------------------
Default B737

Distance 13-17 NM from KLAX
25L   OK           109,9   ILAX
25R   OK           111.1   ICFN
24L   ERROR   111,7   IGPE?(getting 06R)   
24R   OK           108,5   IOSS

Distance 13-17 and 4-6 NM from KLAX
06L   ERROR   108,5   IOSS?(getting 24R)
06R   OK           111,7   IGPE
07L   ERROR   111,1   ICFN?(getting 25R)
07R   ERROR   109,9   ILAX?(getting 25L)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:41:17 pm by mseder »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 03:21:01 pm »
That's not an error, that's how the real airport is, both 6R and 24L share the 111.7 frequency, see the attached screenshot, showing they work perfectly fine and are detected with the right ID and with a working glideslope, from both ends of the runway.

mseder

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 04:45:19 pm »
"That's not an error"

Not an error?, in my table/testresults Error means that the glideslope and identifier for that ILS is not detectable. That's not an error?!

mseder

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 05:09:55 pm »
Dave

OK, get it.

I tried taking use of one of those apps, and edited the ILS BGL files, turning off the BackCourse (on the FSDT KLAX_V2 bgl file) and so the localizer went away but still I couldn't reach the correct "station".

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 05:40:45 pm »
 If you are using ADE to inspect/edit the ILS's you will also see that they ALL show as stock navaids as in they are what came with the sim and weren't added by the FSDT scenery. If you have conflicting data, it's from some other source. Do you use any AI traffic such as MyTraffic, T360, Traffic Global?

mseder

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 06:17:10 pm »
Dave

"and weren't added by the FSDT scenery. "
I haven't ever implied there is something wrong with FSDT!!

But as FSDT KLAX is my "ruling"  scenario of KLAX, I started my investigation here.
And again, this is no longer a FSDT concern, but somewhat couldn't help getting some input to this from here.
And if someone wish to close and lock this thread as solved I can understand that.

"If you have conflicting data, it's from some other source. Do you use any AI traffic such as MyTraffic, T360, Traffic Global?"
I did remove all additional scenarios of KLAX (FSDT and US Cities) and still have this problem with the FSX default KLAX.
After that I'm back to my original setup with FSDT KLAX as the "ruling" scenario.

Well, I'm using Pro ATC X. But even with that  turned off I encounter the problem. Or could that Add On effect this anyway?

I used that ILS Editor to change the frequencies for the non working runways (effecting the FSDT KLAX bgl files) and that solved it temporary at least.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 03:37:19 pm »
If you are using ADE to inspect/edit the ILS's you will also see that they ALL show as stock navaids as in they are what came with the sim and weren't added by the FSDT scenery.

Yes, ADE shows them as Stock, but I think it's a confusing indication, because I assure you the KLAX_AP.BGL file *does* contains ILS, which was also confirmed by his initial report posted from makerunways.txt, which listed the ILS coming from 3 different sources, the default KLAX, the Aerosoft Cities KLAX and the FSDT KLAX .BGL files, and they were all matching.

All ILS at KLAX are backcourse, and they are all  flagged as such in the FSDT KLAX .BGL.

mseder

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2019, 06:04:59 pm »
All correct Virtuali

That's why I'm back to my original settings with all the 3 KLAX BGL groups (1 built-in 2 USCities 3 FSDT) in the runways.txt but FSDT again, as the prioritized (the last) one.
My manual (Navaid Airport tool)  changes to the ILS, faking separate frequencies to those runways who picked up the wrong station-id  are applied to the FSDT BGL files and works. Well, until the next update of FSDT KLAX I assume.

Virtuali, are your tests really performed with FSX (not Steam)?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 06:09:02 pm by mseder »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 07:35:48 pm »
Virtuali, are your tests really performed with FSX (not Steam)?

P3D4, of course, I rarely use FSX nowadays, and I don't have the original FSX installed anymore so, if I really had to check something in FSX, I'll only use FSX:Steam.

Not that this should make any difference, since the AFCAD for KLAX is a native FSX file, compiled with the BGLCOMP.EXE dated Sept. 2007, so it's clearly from the latest regular FSX version ( FSX+SP2 SDK )

mseder

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 11:26:19 pm »
OK, then we're running on different code. "Glad" to hear.
The reason for this strange behavior might not only be framed by the content of the BG-file but just as much on how the data is processed = the sim code.
Or do you mean that the piece of code that deals with the BGL is the same for P3D and FSX, a separate binary library code,  a DLL or something?

Mats
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:58:41 pm by mseder »