Author Topic: No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**  (Read 10948 times)

mseder

No ILS KLAX **not an FSDT problem**
« on: September 26, 2019, 12:48:39 am »
Hi

I just discovered that no ILS (frequences) works except for 24L/06R, really weird.
Addon tells me everything is installed and fine and the visual scenery is there etc
Where should I start looking?

FSX (no steam) + KLAX V2

Regards
Mats Sederholm
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:54:25 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ILS KLAX
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:26:32 pm »
Which airplane you use ? Have you tried tuning the ILS by frequency with a default airplane ? Some 3rd party airplanes don't use the scenery, but rely on the FMC database to find ILS.

mseder

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:56:26 pm »
Hi

I've tried with QualityWings 787 + PMDG 737 + Built in 737
I also attached the runways.txt but only with rerferences to klax and in the same order as in the runways.txt

Mats
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 05:33:39 pm by mseder »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 06:35:01 pm »
I've tried with QualityWings 787 + PMDG 737 + Built in 737

See in my attached screenshots all the ILS working (you said 6R works for you, so I haven't checked it), with the default 737.

I also attached the runways.txt but only with rerferences to klax and in the same order as in the runways.txt

That shows both the default KLAX, the AFCAD from Aerosoft cities AFCAD (which you will probably have to remove ) and the FSDT AFCAD for KLAX all contain the ILS so, there's no reason why they shouldn't work, unless it's caused by the conflicting file.

mseder

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 07:14:26 pm »
Hi

Thanks so far.

Before I remove that Aerosoft cities AFCAD and test it again let me ask, what do I need to just bring FSDT KLAX out of any influence for FSX?
Aerosoft cities I can just uninstall.

I mean maybe I have to go back to a clean add-on situation just to make sure something works.

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 07:15:47 pm »
Before I remove that Aerosoft cities AFCAD and test it again let me ask, what do I need to just bring FSDT KLAX out of any influence for FSX? Aerosoft cities I can just uninstall.

Try removing just the Aerosoft AFCAD, nothing else.

mseder

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 12:33:18 pm »
Hi

Renamed UsCities file AF2_KLAX.bgl to AF2_KLAX.exclude
FSX was triggered and built a new database
Extract from current runways text with only klax data attached

Still ILS not working.

So I guess FSDT to be removed next?! Best way?

Mats
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 04:47:13 pm by mseder »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 03:20:15 am »
I just went and checked mine as well, all 6 ILS frequencies working just fine. Check your KLAX_AP.bgl file in ADE and see for yourself!

mseder

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 02:17:28 pm »
It doesn't help me. I got a problem that must be fixed and I have to to this very carefully and metodic.
I can upload a video from my aircraft , having you watching me switching from ILS-freq to ILS freq and only see that just one (if e.g. the aircraft is on the westside of KLAX) is triggering the ILS,  but I guess that won't help anyone, right?

So, what is the best way to just have FSDT KLAX V2 just don't getting involved?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 12:08:51 pm »
Check your KLAX_AP.bgl file in ADE and see for yourself!

He already did that and, in fact, the log file he posted clearly show all ILS are present in the FSDT KLAX AFCAD so, clearly, the problem cannot be the scenery.

mseder

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 03:04:54 pm »
"He already did that"

No he didn't, he, just like you, try to tell me that nothing is wrong with FSDT KLX V2 and that it has nothing to do with my problem, and that might very well be the case but I need to check out things by myself. I need to test every possible scenario even the "impossible" ones, that is how debugging is managed!
So for the third and last time, would you kindly tell me the simplest way how to "deactivate" FSDT KLX V2.

Mats

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:08:39 pm by mseder »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 04:04:17 pm »
No he didn't, he, just like you, try to tell me that nothing is wrong with FSDT KLX V2 and that it has nothing to do with my problem

?? I was talking about you. YOUR log shows KLAX AFCAD from FSDT has the correct ILS in place so, exactly as I've said, you already checked the AFCAD, which is fine.

So for the third and last time, would you kindly tell me the simplest way how to "deactivate" FSDT KLX V2

What's wrong with just uninstalling ?

mseder

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 04:26:51 pm »
"YOUR log shows KLAX AFCAD from FSDT has the correct ILS in place so, exactly as I've said, you already checked the AFCAD, which is fine."
I'm aware of that, still it doesn't work and this seems really weird.

"What's wrong with just uninstalling ?"
I guess nothing is wrong with that if you say so, I just want to do as little as possible as I'm not planning to give up on your product.
Maybe disable it as a scenery would be another choice, or deactivate it from the Add-on manager, you tell me.

I'll uninstall it then.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:28:28 pm by mseder »

mseder

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2019, 05:08:24 pm »
Uninstalled from control-panel "remove programs"
The runways.txt now only refers to the built in KLAX but still no change

In the Add-on Manager Los Angeles V2 still shows up though.
I deactivated it.

Now how exactly should the file structure look like?

Under my program files there is an Addon Manager folder (...\ProgramFiles\Addon Manager) containing:
folders: couatl, effects, simobjects, Fsdreamteam (containing 2 airports not KLAX) and another Addon Manager folder!?

This Addon manager (...\ProgramFiles\Addon Manager\Addon Manager)  contains:
folders: couatl, effects, simobjects, Flightbeam, Scripts, Sound, texture and Fsdreamteam  containing plenty of airports including KLAX_V2

Does this really seem like a correct installation and why do I have a KLAX_V2 there?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2019, 05:15:28 pm »
In the Add-on Manager Los Angeles V2 still shows up though.

If with "shows up", you mean present in the list, it's normal it would be there, together with all the other FSDT sceneries you don't have.

If with "shows up", you mean it's listed as Installed, then it's a problem, because it shouldn't, since the uninstaller uninstalled it.

I deactivated it.

Not required, since activating the license won't have any effect on the actual installation of the scenery in the sim.

Under my program files there is an Addon Manager folder (...\ProgramFiles\Addon Manager) containing:
folders: couatl, effects, simobjects, Fsdreamteam (containing 2 airports not KLAX) and another Addon Manager folder!?

Another Addon Manager folder inside the main one it's surely wrong.  You must have caused this at a certain point, when you installed something, and instead of accepting the default folder, change it, and manually browsed a folder INSIDE an existing Addon Manager installation so, it created another Addon Manager inside it.

To undo all of this:

- Uninstall everything from FSDT, sceneries, GSX, etc. Everything.

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" THIS IS IMPORTANT

- Check the Program files folder and, if you still have an Addon Manager folder anywhere, remove it manually

- Reinstall all the FSDT products you uninstalled in the first step.