Author Topic: Catering trucks  (Read 2925 times)

bcm652

Catering trucks
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:44:24 pm »
There seems to be a problem with ''Jet Aviation'' catering trucks. They pull up into position with the aircraft but there is no loading or unloading activity, they just sit there and then after a few minutes I get a message to close door 3 so the trucks can pull away. I've tested this at three different airports and Jet Aviation trucks don't work. I've tried live update twice and nothing changed.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:47:05 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering trucks
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 05:28:28 pm »
Your airplane likely doesn't have the service doors correctly configured, so the program assumes the doors are too low for the vehicle with a platform, and will send a minivan that will just stay there and go after a while, with no animation.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 08:08:46 pm »
The airplane is a 737-800 and the Jet Aviation truck is a full size truck that lifts up. At one airport, two catering trucks arrived, one from Jet Aviation and the other Sky Chef. The Sky Chef truck , full size, had animation and the Jet Aviation, full size, did not. Third airport had two Jet Aviation full size trucks and neither one had animation. The airports were Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
I also noticed that request for catering no longer gives you a choice of catering service..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:30:07 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:51:00 pm »
The airplane is a 737-800 and the Jet Aviation truck is a full size truck that lifts up. At one airport, two catering trucks arrived, one from Jet Aviation and the other Sky Chef. The Sky Chef truck , full size, had animation and the Jet Aviation, full size, did not.

Are you sure they were the same model ? The Jet Aviation livery it's just a repaint, it cannot possibly have different animation than another livery of the same model.

I also noticed that request for catering no longer gives you a choice of catering service..

If, due to the way the catering operator icao has been configured in the airport (or it hasn't, so it use the GSX default assignment), if there's no choice, because one operator has an higher score, GSX won't show the choice menu. The only time when the choice menu is shown, is when more than one operators with the same score are available at that airport.

RFarmah

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 04:37:21 am »
I too have experienced this problem with the PMDG 777. All other catering companies perform the full service, but anytime JetAviation is called, there are no crew that roll in and out the carts, but rather the trucks lift and then call for a message to go back down. I tried bringing this to attention a few weeks back, but didn't get an response.

RFarmah

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 04:52:39 am »
And if this helps, this issue occurs at any airport and any gate with any aircraft. I’ve tired at London, Vancouver, and Doha. Anytime jet aviation is called, and with any truck type, the Catering staff is not visible. The truck rises and lowers normally with the right timing. The only issue is that the people are not visible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 01:33:40 pm »
Ok, we'll check this, it wasn't entirely clear from the first posts you were only missing the catering crew.

RFarmah

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 04:34:26 pm »
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to a solution!

RFarmah

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 03:42:08 pm »
Any idea what’s going on with the JetAviation Trucks?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 03:07:35 pm »
Please don't press this, it's a very minor issue, that will be obviously looked at, no need to continue bumping it.

247truckandtrailer

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 07:54:47 am »
I am Matthew Pete, running an engine rebuild Houston company based in Texas. Whenever I travel on jet aviation trucks, I never felt any problem. I think it's temporary and will be resolved as soon as possible.