Author Topic: Replacement of new motherboard  (Read 3471 times)

camaflight

Replacement of new motherboard
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:05:52 pm »
Hi,
I am planning to replace the motherboard of my computer.  If this affects the registration(S) of my FSDream product(s); how shall I then proceed to ensure the FSDreamteam sceneries will be valid and fully operational on my "new" computer ?

Regards,
Carl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Replacement of new motherboard
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20:32 am »
As explained in the FAQ and in the install manual, you have 6 activations at your disposal so, the worse it can happen is that, by changing the mainboard, you will just consume another one.

In case you would end up consuming all your 6 activations, and less than 90 days has passed since you got the last one, then you will just have to contact us via email, so we can add additional ones.

There's a detailed thread named "Reinstallation after system upgrade or crash, please READ!" here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

Which covers everything related to reinstallation after a crash or a major hardware upgrade.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 02:28:51 am »
Virtuali,

Pardon me if I ask this again but, in a different way...

1. How can you tell HOW MANY Activations I have left/remaining?
    2. Will I have to re-purchase items, if their activation is past 90-days (and/or past 6 activations) and I install them on a Brand NEW system?
    3. Does Cloning HDD's take-up activations?

I went and looked at the Esellerate info. pages and had the system send me a list of all my orders.  However, this information (above) was not clearly visible to me in the email.

Grazie!  :)

PS: I intend to setup a BRAND NEW system and leave the current system with all the sceneries as well; Does this affect activation in any way?  If, so, how?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:33:20 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:05:35 am »
1. How can you tell HOW MANY Activations I have left/remaining?

We obviously know, the user can't but, it's really necessary ? If you exceed them, there would be a message about reaching your activation limit so, you will know it's time to send us an email.

2. Will I have to re-purchase items, if their activation is past 90-days (and/or past 6 activations) and I install them on a Brand NEW system?

You never, ever, have to repurchase anything because of activation.

I don't think you understood the 90-days thing correctly: if 90 days have passed since you got the last activation, the oldest ones will be forgotten so, a new activation (that might be even the 7th or 8th you got in total) will be AUTOMATICALLY granted from the system, without having to contact us.

There's no limitation, even past 6, of how many times this can be done. An user that always upgrades his hardware every 91 days, will keep getting new reactivations indefinitely, without ever contacting us once. The activations are not really "consumed" this way: they ROTATE.

The only time one needs to contact us, is when all the 6 activations are used, and the last one was obtained less than 90 days earlier. In this case, we need to act manually to add a new activation.

However, we usually never refuse to do a manual activation, it might happened only a couple of times during those 2 years, but we had a clear case of abuse, like multiple activations for the same serial obtained during a few hours, from IP numbers belonging to different ISP in different cities and different countries so, it was a clear case of a shared serial. As I've said, it happened only 1-2 times.

3. Does Cloning HDD's take-up activations?

I'm not sure, but it might. Note that, Esellerate makes a difference between minor and major hardware changes so, it might happen that some hardware changes requires you to re-confirm the activation (because you will see the request from the Addon Manager to activate the scenery), but the minor ones will not really take from your remaining total.

I intend to setup a BRAND NEW system and leave the current system with all the sceneries as well; Does this affect activation in any way?  If, so, how?

No, it will just use one more activation of the 6 you have available.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:01:52 pm »
Grazie, Virtuali, for clearing-up my confussion. :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams