Author Topic: Feature Request - Tow Aircraft to Gate from another location and vice versa  (Read 2626 times)

XCLTM3

Umberto,

as the title states, any chance you have been considering adding this feature to GSX?

I have long thought about it but not asked you - and since the release of the competitors product which as I understand it will be adding this feature in at some future point in time - be nice to have in GSX.

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Feature Request - Tow Aircraft to Gate from another location and vice versa
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 02:47:14 am »
I'm not Umberto, but from what I've read, I'm pretty sure something like this is being considered, if not already in the works. They are continuing work on the pushback system to be able to include pulling the plane, so I would assume that has to come first before what you suggest could happen.
Captain Kevin

XCLTM3

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 04:16:47 am »
I'm not Umberto, but from what I've read, I'm pretty sure something like this is being considered, if not already in the works. They are continuing work on the pushback system to be able to include pulling the plane, so I would assume that has to come first before what you suggest could happen.

Sounds good Cap, hope you're right..... we'll see what Umberto has to say, fingers crossed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 08:25:35 am »
Yes, this has been discussed many times and, as all the other features which were asked by users and were previously discussed here, it will eventually make it in GSX.

XCLTM3

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 09:58:43 am »
Yes, this has been discussed many times and, as all the other features which were asked by users and were previously discussed here, it will eventually make it in GSX.

Good to hear - looking forward to it.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 07:40:12 pm »
 Just a side note, that while towing an arrival onto a gate is a common practice, towing from one place to another on the field is done by ground or maintenance crews with no flightcrew aboard. Where's my study level tugs, cargo loaders and airport operations vehicles etc?   :) ::)

jg7xman

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 03:05:03 am »
Just a side note, that while towing an arrival onto a gate is a common practice, towing from one place to another on the field is done by ground or maintenance crews with no flightcrew aboard. Where's my study level tugs, cargo loaders and airport operations vehicles etc?   :) ::)

That would work well with PMDG's Ops Center.