Author Topic: Dynamic Lighting LAX  (Read 3952 times)

micstatic

Dynamic Lighting LAX
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:56:33 pm »
I noticed that DL is not working at KLAX in V5.  I know some other scenery makers have had issues as they are required to have new effect files special for V5.  Wondering if you had any more info to help?   Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dynamic Lighting LAX
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 04:12:07 pm »
The sceneries that required updates were only those that have their own Dynamic Lights, and we update them already, like KORD V2 or LFSB.

KLAX doesn't use any Dynamic Lights so, it doesn't need any update so, I'm not sure which DL you are referring to. Are you using add-on DL for KLAX by Inibuilds ? If yes, then it's likely the'll have to update their effects.

micstatic

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 04:24:15 pm »
Thanks sir.  I was just mistaken.  For some reason I thought your scenery had DL.  You can disregard.

micstatic

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 04:47:59 pm »
I did have one more question for you.  I see how it's possible to use the inibuilds DL and the DONTUPDATE.  i also see you are firmly against that as any future updates are blocked.  I understand that.  But at the same time LAX is a big important airport.  It's a little tough not having DL there.  Is that something that's planned in the future?  Or do we simply have the choice use DL and block future updates vs don't use DL? 

micstatic

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:55:21 pm »
The sceneries that required updates were only those that have their own Dynamic Lights, and we update them already, like KORD V2 or LFSB.

KLAX doesn't use any Dynamic Lights so, it doesn't need any update so, I'm not sure which DL you are referring to. Are you using add-on DL for KLAX by Inibuilds ? If yes, then it's likely the'll have to update their effects.

If I exclude LAX from updates (I realize you don't support this) is there a way I can see if I missed an important update?  That way I can remove by DONTUPDATE and let couatl update it.  Then put the DL back.  But I'm afraid of missing anything you may update so I'd like to monitor it if possible.