Author Topic: Purchase issue  (Read 5236 times)

skysurfer

Purchase issue
« on: September 17, 2019, 06:35:56 am »
Hi
I am trying to buy V2 with the discount but I am getting a message "There is nothing in the cart" on checkout. Same message regardless if try using a card or PayPal.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Purchase issue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:02:14 am »
You mean the browser is started automatically on the O'Hare purchase page, but you see this message ?

skysurfer

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 03:30:27 pm »
I reactivated old ORD key in P3D and then I clicked buy on the web. Internet browser opens with option to buy new version and discount applied. I selected method of payment and fill in personal info and then click Buy. Then I see a message starting that there is nothing in the cart.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:05 pm »
I reactivated old ORD key in P3D and then I clicked buy on the web. Internet browser opens with option to buy new version and discount applied. I selected method of payment and fill in personal info and then click Buy. Then I see a message starting that there is nothing in the cart.   

Then the problem doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager anymore. You are in your browser then so, if the site doesn't work, there's a problem with your browser.

Usually, on all ecommerce shops, when a cart is not working, it's a problem with your browser (or some other security software), which doesn't accept cookies for some reason.

skysurfer

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 07:02:51 pm »
I accepted cookies and tried 3 browsers. All other website with payments work just fine.   

skysurfer

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 05:04:05 am »
Finally installed. PayPal option does not work.
Getting these errors now:

couatl v3.2 (build 4255)
panic log started on Tue Sep 17 21:59:01 2019

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\KORDV2\__init__.py", line 1057, in event4sec
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
{'Airport': 'KORD', 'User Pos': (41.97661582066255, -87.90754499373725, 206.012 m, 2.40642 m, 34.60422367415362)}

In the sim:

The addon <unknown > is causing the Coulat Scripting Engine to restart.

It is asking me to download latest Adon Manager. I already have it.

And how can  I fix that , AA is awful (FSAAx8)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 05:20:57 am by skysurfer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 09:35:40 am »
The error has been fixed in the latest Live Update.

I already explained to you the issue with AA in another post, to reduce shimmering in PBR you should use SSAA, and there are still issues with it, which we know will be fixed by LM very soon.

skysurfer

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 03:15:35 pm »
Ok. Where can I get that update? I followed the link from the message and it shows the manager for FS9.
I also updated everything system offers with the sim and I see same message. Thanks for help.

skysurfer

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 05:07:46 pm »
I found a topic with similar issue. Looks like it was something to do with disabling RTT. So far no error messages.
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 05:18:33 pm by skysurfer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 06:15:17 pm »
Ok. Where can I get that update? I followed the link from the message and it shows the manager for FS9.

That page you saw:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Also had this information:

Since 2017, with the new Live Update system, the FSX/P3D version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not required anymore, since the LIve Update program can keep all FSDT products which are currently installed, always updated.

skysurfer

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 10:04:52 pm »
Yes, I saw that but I had issues while installing the secenry. I got a mesasge stating that Stand Alond Manager is required. It was confusing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 11:00:59 pm »
I got a mesasge stating that Stand Alond Manager is required. It was confusing.

Which goes to that page that clarifies why it's not needed anymore. We'll try to change the message as well, to make it more clear.

craig_read

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 02:57:12 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to purchase KORD v2, I currently have KORD v1 installed in my system an activated.  Your instructions seem to indicate that the 'buy on web' option should be available in the addon manager in the sim, however this is greyed out for me and I only have "Chicago Ohare" appear in the addon manager product list (not the only item... I mean there are no other entries for Chicago.. e.g. KORDV2) is that right?

Also, whenever I click on 'buy on web' on any other product I currently don't have the browser doesn't open... however it does open if I click on 'website'....

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've got all my serial numbers etc.. could you please advise on what I need to change, where I'm going wrong, or an alternative action?

Thanks..

Craig
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:02:09 pm by craig_read »

craig_read

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2019, 04:17:48 pm »
Ok so I finally got it working... after trying unsuccessfully.. running the updater, several times... but  it wasn't straight forward.

1 - I had to uninstall Chicago, the first version, not removing addon manager.
2 - Once I did this, for some reason P3Dv4 would not start saying Addon Manager would not run as it couldn't find any .DAT files.
3 - I uninstalled another airport, removing addon manager.
4 - I re-installed that airport.
5 - It ran update then..
6 - Started P3D v4, this time Chicago V2 was in the list in addon manager, followed the instructions on the site and discount was applied.

This was a bit of a frustrating experience, but I hope the above helps others if you're having problems.

Regards

Craig