Author Topic: KLAX FPS bad  (Read 10235 times)

Hawaiianstyle78

Re: KLAX FPS bad
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 08:35:24 pm »
Exactly predabon,

the WHOLE point we are talking about on these sceneries from different developers is making them optimized for AI traffic. NOBODY wants to fly into a KLAX, KFJK, KBOS for example with HIGH FPS & ZERO freakin AI traffic. We want these PAID sceneries that we are being told are performance friendly/optimized ….when they are not when u add 10 AI aircraft to the scenery. Nobody wants 80 gates at KLAX , with 3 ai aircraft and hitting 25 fps. I have 60 AI aircraft at Flightbeam KSFO or Flightbeam KDEN or Flytampa Toronto and have 65 FPS using the Pmdg 777 or TFDI 717. this is the entire topic of the conversation. We pay for it , so make it usable allowing AI traffic. These ai aircraft are all for P3d v4....stop giving us the run around and excuses. I don't want to see a video clip of a default p3d a321 in orbit airlines with no ai aircraft and no weather add on. I want an uploaded Video of this:

-FSDT KLAX at Runway 25R at 13:00 PST
-Want a minimum of 40 AI aircraft at KLAX all P3d v4 optimized ai aircraft (Like FAIB or FSPX)
-Want a weather addon (REX skyforce or Activesky)

Than Show me your FPS numbers in top left hand corner (Shift+Z )

I DONT WANT TO SEE KLAX with the default A321 and ZERO ai aircraft. that's 100% unreal

Sorry about the attitude, just sick and tired of blowing money down the drain !!!!!

PS.....Been hearing your new KORD is dragging on FPS too. That's coming from me reading numerous sites, not MY OPINION ONLY

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 02:29:14 pm »
the WHOLE point we are talking about on these sceneries from different developers is making them optimized for AI traffic.

This sentence doesn't make any sense. There's no such thing as a scenery "optimized for AI traffic", if you mean performance-wise. The only thing a scenery developer can do, is try to optimized the scenery as best he can, hoping the AI traffic product wouldn't slow it down too much, and users would use realistic density settings, which are there for a reason.

NOBODY wants to fly into a KLAX, KFJK, KBOS for example with HIGH FPS & ZERO freakin AI traffic. We want these PAID sceneries that we are being told are performance friendly/optimized ….when they are not when u add 10 AI aircraft to the scenery. Nobody wants 80 gates at KLAX , with 3 ai aircraft and hitting 25 fps.

I already proven this is not what's happening, when I posted my screenshot showing a lot

I have 60 AI aircraft at Flightbeam KSFO or Flightbeam KDEN or Flytampa Toronto and have 65 FPS using the Pmdg 777 or TFDI 717. this is the entire topic of the conversation

You keep missing the point. Is there a scenery for the KLAX area that can run the PMDG 777 at 65 fps ? Until that happens, you can't simply compare.

Than Show me your FPS numbers in top left hand corner (Shift+Z )

I ALREADY posted a screenshot with PMDG 737 and AI aircraft, I had 33.8 fps, which I find very good, considering I have a fairly old CPU ( 4 years old i7-6700 ) and I don't use any overclocking.

Instead, why you don't do this ?

- See the fps at DEFAULT KLAX ( you said you uninstalled, that should be easy )

- See the fps difference at FSDT KLAX.

Than decide, if the fps hit is worth the difference in detail. I hope you don't expect FSDT KLAX to *improve* on default, that would be unreasonable.

PS.....Been hearing your new KORD is dragging on FPS too. That's coming from me reading numerous sites, not MY OPINION ONLY

It obviously isn't, and it's funny you are trying to prove your point by only citing reports on bad fps. You can find "bad fps" reports for ALL the scenery you said run at 65 fps on your system, if you search. So, together with those supposedly bad fps report on KORD, it's very easy to find many reports of good fps as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:32:14 pm by virtuali »

Airshinx_13

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 01:31:44 am »
Well, have some good news but a lot of work had to be done...WOW! took me 3 hours to complete.

Using DXTbmp app, First I went into the KLAX_V2 texture folder and anything that had a 4096 texture, I had to convert that and its alpha channel down to 2048 resolution.

After that , I went into GSX2 and found the SODE_Static_Jetway Texture folder. Since I only use the Cool Gray texture, I had to go into that folder and convert the jetway textures with the alphas from 4096 down to 2048.

Lastly and which took the longest , I went into the SODE_Static Jetway Texture folder and located the "Texture" only folder. I assume it is the default because it had green and blue bump texture files and the fallback cfg file for the cool gray , brown etc jetway textures were all falling back to that "Texture " folder. Anyways , I had to convert all those textures and alphas from 4096 to 2048 using the DXTbmp app.

Once complete, I lined up at KLAX @ 25R in the aerosoft a320. I did that same lineup this morning and was getting 20-25 FPS.

Now Im getting 40-45FPS starting down the runway. Also when im on takeoff roll, I am in wing view looking at the terminal and no stutters as im lifting off. whereas earlier , major stutters.

GSX2 has to have the ability to let u bring down the texture files size from 4096 down to 1024 if u prefer. Also, I had clicked onto No HD textures in virtali and was still getting 4096 textures at KLAX.

Anyway you can share the lowered def images? Also, you mentioned _"GSX2 has to have the ability to let u bring down the texture files size from 4096 down to 1024 if u prefer. Also, I had clicked onto No HD textures in virtali and was still getting 4096 textures at KLAX "_ are you mentioning that this is supposed to lower the fidelity of the images of FSDT sceneries?
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 02:33:17 am »
Anyway you can share the lowered def images? Also, you mentioned _"GSX2 has to have the ability to let u bring down the texture files size from 4096 down to 1024 if u prefer. Also, I had clicked onto No HD textures in virtali and was still getting 4096 textures at KLAX "_ are you mentioning that this is supposed to lower the fidelity of the images of FSDT sceneries?

Do you use the original FSX ? That's the only simulator in which you can click the HD texture checkmark in the Addon Manager. That tweak was only required because the original FSX couldn't go as high as 4K with its user interface.

With FSX:SE or any version of P3D, you can control the texture resolution up to 4K with the standard UI of the sim, so that option doesn't do anything.