Author Topic: PHNL and Orbx cityscape  (Read 8823 times)

jeansy

PHNL and Orbx cityscape
« on: September 14, 2019, 05:28:30 pm »
HI guys, what are the chance to amend the excludes and base scenery in order for the new orbx cityscape for Honolulu to show Naval base Pearl harbour , currently the PHNL addon prevents the orbx naval base scenery

It supports PHNL in the options however the FSDT scenery masks and excludes the base

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179923-cityscape-honolulu-for-p3dv4-released/

http://screenshots.orbxsystems.com/cityscapehonolulu/63-f983a401f41e01076a7c4185173d2f40.jpg
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:36:42 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: PHNL and Orbx cityscape
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 08:53:55 pm »
 The user guide for Honolulu Cityscape has very clear instructions as to what files to disable.

TroyW

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 03:53:27 am »
where are the scenery and texture files referred to for deactivation located in PDv4?  For the life of me, I cannot find them.  Thanks!

jeansy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 01:28:22 pm »
where are the scenery and texture files referred to for deactivation located in PDv4?  For the life of me, I cannot find them.  Thanks!

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179917-cityscape-honolulu-compatibility-index/?tab=comments#comment-1566051

however it removes all my fsdt buildings

Midnight Music

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 02:57:02 pm »

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179917-cityscape-honolulu-compatibility-index/?tab=comments#comment-1566051

however it removes all my fsdt buildings
[/quote]

It shouldn't, it works perfectly on mine. Make sure you select FSDT Honolulu in the Cityscape panel first, then shut down the three FSDT files in PHNL folder that they indicate. The downside is every time you run the FSDT update you have to turn off the three files in PHNL again. However, the blending of the two sceneries is pretty amazing.

Lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:53 pm »
The downside is every time you run the FSDT update you have to turn off the three files in PHNL again.

You can create an empty file named DONTUPDATE in the PHNL\scenery folder to prevent this.

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 01:12:51 am »
Umberto,
I don't quite understand your last post. Do we create a DONOTUPDATE folder and put those 3 bgl's in it?? :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 02:31:31 pm »
I said:

"create an empty file named DONTUPDATE, and place it in the PHNL\scenery folder"

not

"create a DONOTUPDATE folder and put those 3 bgl's in"

downscc

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 11:53:29 pm »
I said:

"create an empty file named DONTUPDATE, and place it in the PHNL\scenery folder"

not

"create a DONOTUPDATE folder and put those 3 bgl's in"

Hi Umberto, I placed an empty file in the PHNL\Scenery folder named DONOTUPDATE and LOL right, it was deleted.  Have now placed DONTUPDATE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 11:18:03 am »
named DONOTUPDATE and LOL right, it was deleted.  Have now placed DONTUPDATE.

That's normal, since DONOTUPDATE (which was how the other poster mispelled it ), it's not the same as DONTUPDATE.

brucewtb

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 07:14:15 am »
Well I did all this and it doesn't work - the latest live update reset the "off" files and removed the DONTUPDATE file.  Had to reset them again to "off".

Bruceb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 06:56:16 pm »
Well I did all this and it doesn't work - the latest live update reset the "off" files and removed the DONTUPDATE file.  Had to reset them again to "off".

Works just fine here, see the attached screenshot, which indicates the Live Update correctly detected the presence of a DONTUPDATE file, and left the 3 renamed .off files intact after the update.

Be sure the file is named exactly that, and has NO extension so, for example, is not called something like DONTUPDATE.TXT, or something similar.