Author Topic: Problem Saving XML File Access to the path is denied  (Read 3092 times)

baldk9

Problem Saving XML File Access to the path is denied
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:46:39 pm »
When I attempt to run the FSDF Live update I get the error message "Problem Saving XML File Access to the path is denied" after the setup dialogue launches. The setup than proceeds but the main program will not run properly.

I have disabled my antivirus
I have right clicked and ran the software as administrator

Can you give me any next steps in my troubleshooting?

Attached is a screenshot so if anyone else has this issue they Can easily recognize

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem Saving XML File Access to the path is denied
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 05:28:14 pm »
That's either an antivirus problem or a permission problem.

Normally, you should always be able to access your own Documents folder, which contains the Prepar3d Add-ons folder, which will contain the various add-on.xml files so, it's clearly something very wrong in your system.

Try to remove this folder:

Documents\Prepar3d4 Addons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager

and reinstall GSX using the latest full installer.

baldk9

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:33:50 pm »
Took your advice and the download was going well till near the end when I received a message in regards not enough space for the download. I included two pictures as to what is going on. As you can see I have plenty of space for the download.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 10:13:33 pm »
Took your advice and the download was going well till near the end when I received a message in regards not enough space for the download. I included two pictures as to what is going on. As you can see I have plenty of space for the download.

While the installer needs some space on the Documents folder, which is usually on C:, you still have 91 GB left, and the installer needs about 3GB *at most* so, it's possible you have some kind of firewall/antivirus program which is blocking the download so it THINKS it doesn't have enough space.

Turn every firewall/antivirus or anything remotely similar that might interfere with the download.

baldk9

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 08:20:02 pm »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but work took preference. I uninstalled all AV and ran the installer again with the dame results.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:23 am »
I removed your double post. Please don't double post, when there's already a thread discussing this.

The installer downloads in your Documents\GSX_Installer folder. Is it possible you have your Documents folder set up on MS One Drive, so the space you exhausted is the one on the cloud ?

baldk9

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 04:34:44 pm »
I'll check and get back to you. Thanks

baldk9

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 04:50:07 am »
I shut off One Drive and again attempted to download GSX with the same results. Any other suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 07:49:49 am »
I shut off One Drive and again attempted to download GSX with the same results. Any other suggestions?

Are you sure now your Documents folder is pointing to your user drive ? It looks it still doesn't.

baldk9

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 01:44:11 pm »
Umberto could you give me an example to what you are referring to please?