Author Topic: SODE is unavailable, the jetway will not be animated.  (Read 2451 times)

Henryro

SODE is unavailable, the jetway will not be animated.
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:20:52 am »
I have update my GSX to the latest version, and also I re-install the SODE(the latest version), re-actived in SODE many times. But it still not work. By the way, the SODE option is in the Addon menu. When I operate the jetway(Sode jetway, GSX level2 custom jetway) in any airport, it shows me the massage as the title, and said that can't see the animate pepole. What can I do to solve this problem? ???

marcognition

Re: SODE is unavailable, the jetway will not be animated.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:29:33 pm »
I have this problem too now as well :(

Henryro

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 05:39:40 am »
I have re-install my simulator, and the problem was solved. :)

metalmike

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 06:27:42 am »
Same problem. Though I'm not going to "re-install my simulator" just to fix it, that much I do know.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 09:14:16 am »
Nothing in the latest update has changed anything in relationship to SODE, we only updated the Pushback.

However, I think the issue might be caused by some kind of limit on the number of Simobjects that SODE can handle, because what's really happening here, is that SODE crashes on start, and when it crashes, the log stops while reading all folders from all add-on that installed any Simobjects.

In fact, I can replicate the crash, by placing lots of add-ons that adds Simobjects. For example, if I keep all FSDT stuff installed (sceneries and GSX), some 3rd party sceneries, some 3rd party airplane, it works just fine. If I activate add uTLive, which comes with lots of Simobjects, SODE crashes. If I remove several other add-ons, it works again.

So, it's not the GSX update that caused this. You think it is, because we added some Simobjects ( the new pushback pointer, and 4 new Marshallers ) and, depending on how many *other* add-on you installed, this might eventually have tripped the total installed number to be higher than what SODE could handle.

That's why you probably thought reinstalling the sim "fixed" this, if you reinstalled without all the previous add-ons active, it would have brought the total number of installed Simobjects down to a low number, one that wouldn't cause this problem.

This is of course only a theory based on observing what is happening, but I'll contact Jeffrey ( SODE's author ) immediately, to see if he has any ideas about this.

walt642

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 04:03:38 pm »
Having the same problem. Let me know if you were able to fix this. Thanks Walt

m007j

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 03:11:19 am »
Can report the same problem.

In fact, I can replicate the crash, by placing lots of add-ons that adds Simobjects. For example, if I keep all FSDT stuff installed (sceneries and GSX), some 3rd party sceneries, some 3rd party airplane, it works just fine. If I activate add uTLive, which comes with lots of Simobjects, SODE crashes. If I remove several other add-ons, it works again.

+1 to this theory. I deliberately renamed my AI folder so the addons.cfg wouldn't read it and no AI would load, and SODE came back. It seems as though GSX's last few objects broke this camels' back. Can GSX force SODE to bypass reading simobjects in certain folders, or is that 12bpilot's territory?

walt642

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 06:40:51 pm »
Anyone know if Jeffrey ? ? ? is looking into this? Or at least lets us know if he is...… Thanks Walt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 09:33:57 am »
Anyone know if Jeffrey ? ? ? is looking into this? Or at least lets us know if he is...… Thanks Walt

We alerted him of the problem.