Author Topic: Default BGL. gates  (Read 3883 times)

flyboy05

Default BGL. gates
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »
Hi,

How can i enable default bgl. jetways in your scenerys KJFK, KLAX, etc. ? i dont like the new style jetways i get bad fps performance.

Please tell me there is a way to bring them back.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default BGL. gates
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 03:23:47 pm »
Sorry, but there's no way to get them back.

SODE jetways are an obvious improvement over the old buggy default jetways, and many of them were even the wrong size, so we had to adapt the scenery itself to the new, correct, ones. I couldn't imagine anybody wanting to go back to the old version.

Bad fps are not likely related to jetways, but to too high settings in two areas which are known for having bad fps even with a default scenery.

flyboy05

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 01:25:29 am »
Okay ill do more tests in and out of KLAX next.

What is the preferred scenery density for your airports ? and will any features be unavailable at lower settings ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:54:58 am »
What is the preferred scenery density for your airports ? and will any features be unavailable at lower settings ?

The one which works with your system, and of course it's vastly different depending on which other add-on you have. Try lowering autogen and scenery complexity first, one notch at the time, since they are the most effective at KLAX.

flyboy05

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:43:27 pm »
OK what about features will it be effected as you go lower scenery settings ?    ex. available gates; runway lights; etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 09:37:24 am »
OK what about features will it be effected as you go lower scenery settings ?    ex. available gates; runway lights; etc.

We don't remove any important things by lowering the scenery complexity. Just check it visually, and choose the one that looks for you with a good fps.