Author Topic: Custom Push Back  (Read 2706 times)

jtwright93

Custom Push Back
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:01:39 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody else is having this issue:

When using the custom push back feature, once i've selected where i want the aircraft to push to and select this, the aircraft briefly propels itself into the air and doesn't complete the push.

I do not get this issue when using the standard Nose Left or Right feature. This has happened to me in the CaptainSim 757 and the memebox A330.

Regards,

Jake

fahdriyami

Re: Custom Push Back
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 11:51:45 am »
Something similar happened with me in the QW787. After I adjusted the position of the custom pushback and hit the Y key to exit slew mode and continue, the plane immediately started bouncing for a few seconds, but then pushback proceeded normally.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom Push Back
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 02:53:59 pm »
The custom pushback, exactly like the normal editor, needs to set the airplane in slew mode momentarily, otherwise it couldn't get access to the slew keys which are used for moving the pointers. Some airplanes don't react in the same way if they are momentarily placed in Slew mode, but of course that's how GSX always worked, in the normal pushback editor.

In the next update, we'll add a function to "reuse" the latest quick pushback made at that gate without having to redo it again that, in addition to speed up the procedure if you don't change the path each time, might be useful if you don't like seeing that bump with some airplanes.

and doesn't complete the push.

This shouldn't happen, unless you have another problem, and is the airplane slewing away because of one of your joystick not properly calibrated, and such a sudden movement will result in GSX aborting every procedure, because it assumed you slewed away intentionally. This can be prevented by calibrating all your joystick correctly, or remove all joystick axes from Slew mode in the Controls settings of the sim.