Author Topic: Already Have GSX..............GSX Level2 ...Buy or Free Upgrade?  (Read 3035 times)

vc-10man

Already Have GSX..............GSX Level2 ...Buy or Free Upgrade?
« on: September 12, 2019, 04:02:27 pm »
I already have the original GSX. Have had it for ages.

There is a sale for the current GSX Level 2 that ends on the 15th September.

Also, noticed elsewhere, that there is a free Update 2.7 offered to ALL GSX users. So, question is, does that free Update to existing GSX Users also include L2 or is it a mandatory buy under that soon-to-end Sale?

72westy

Re: Already Have GSX..............GSX Level2 ...Buy or Free Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:13:52 pm »
If you own any of the FSDT airports you can use both for free. GSX however will only be at FSDT airport/s.

Level 2 is optional of course.
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

vc-10man

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 10:16:25 pm »
Thanks. I own almost all of the FSDT airports.

So, let me get this clear, the current GSX works at almost all other airports too, besides FSDT airports, but the GSX Level 2 will only work at FSDT Airports? To get Level 2 to work at non-FSDT airports, is it then mandatory to get Level 2?

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 05:56:54 am »

So, let me get this clear, the current GSX works at almost all other airports too, besides FSDT airports, but the GSX Level 2 will only work at FSDT Airports? To get Level 2 to work at non-FSDT airports, is it then mandatory to get Level 2?

that  last update  was  for the new  pushback  features  and  new  marshal   features   where  they  change n clothes  depending  on the  weather  if  it  hot  they wear  less  clothes  or  if  it  cold  they  wear  more   you  don't  have  to purchase  l2    if  you  don't  want  to  but  since  its  on  discount  cant  see  why  not

Beat578

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:26:34 am »

GSX and GSX2 work on all airports. You will see animated passengers everywhere and you can replace the Jetways with SODE Jetways on every airport, not only the FSDT ones. BUT: It will not "just" work. You have to configure them, like you already have to do for GSX itself. But there are a lot of configuration files around for lot's of add on airports already. So, I personally would go for it, it's really worth it. You can test GSX2 on the FSDT airports, as you aleady own them and check if it would be cool to have that feature on other airports as well. It's just not for free everywhere, it could mean you have to configure an airport first if the GSX file does not exist already. Still it's not that hard and the documentation is very helpful.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 03:09:40 pm »
Also, noticed elsewhere, that there is a free Update 2.7 offered to ALL GSX users.

Which means all the updates you saw in that video, applies to the base GSX product. None of them requires the L2 expansion, just install the latest GSX, and you'll get the latest version of everything.

The L2 Expansion is only required for:

- Animated passengers in SODE jetways (made by GSX or by 3rd party sceneries) and on stairs

- All default jetways for default airports automatically replaced by GSX with SODE jetways and the ability to customize (or download pre-made customization ) for 3rd party sceneries

- The new Fuel Hydrant service.

And all of this, like has always been, only applies to non-FSDT airports. At FSDT airports, the whole GSX+L2 features will always be free.

vc-10man

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 11:42:05 pm »
Thank you to one and everybody who has taken the trouble to furnish me with relevant replies.

Now I see the roadmap a bit more clearly.

And as there is a 40% Sale ending in a few days, I may as well get GSX L2 as just before I landed at a default P3Dv4 EIDW,a message in red flashed at the top about GSX Update and L2,or something like that.And when I approached the default terminal, I noticed jetways where  there used to be none. But when I tried to operate the jetways from the drop-down GSX menu, it stated I needed  L2 activated despite having SODE registered.

So, I take it I will need to buy L2 to get the jetways that all of a sudden show up, operable?

pete_auau

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 07:37:51 am »
Thank you to one and everybody who has taken the trouble to furnish me with relevant replies.

Now I see the roadmap a bit more clearly.

And as there is a 40% Sale ending in a few days, I may as well get GSX L2 as just before I landed at a default P3Dv4 EIDW,a message in red flashed at the top about GSX Update and L2,or something like that.And when I approached the default terminal, I noticed jetways where  there used to be none. But when I tried to operate the jetways from the drop-down GSX menu, it stated I needed  L2 activated despite having SODE registered.

So, I take it I will need to buy L2 to get the jetways that all of a sudden show up, operable?

if  you  download  gsx l2   it  will  work on all fdst   airports  but  you need  to  download  it  first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 09:53:26 am »

Only at default airports using default jetways which were replaced by GSX with SODE jetways. No, we haven't "hijacked" your default jetways to force you into buying GSX L2, you can go back to default jetways at any time, using the GSX Control Panel, which can be used to restore default jetways, if you don't want them being replaced by GSX.

Even in this case, GSX and GSX L2 will *still* continue to work, for free, at all FSDT airports.